This job is no longer available
Morobe Mining Joint Ventures (MMJV) have been formed as a partnership between Harmony Gold and Newcrest Mining to explore and develop mines in the Morobe Province of Papua New Guinea (PNG). We are currently operating the Hidden Valley Mine, which will process 4.2Mtpa of ore to obtain 350,000 gold equivalent ounces per annum and have entered into a Pre-feasibility study on the Wafi Golpu gold and copper deposits. Wafi Golpu is an exciting project with a current resource of 644M, for 16Moz gold and 4.8Mt copper and is likely to become one of the worlds largest copper and gold mines. Our other exploration programs cover tracts of some of the most prospective areas of Morobe Province and are yielding exciting results from which we intend to establish a platform for growth in the Joint Venture.
Senior Underground Mining Engineer
Job No.: 752602
Work type: Permanent
Location: Brisbane, QLD
• Work with leading industry experts
• Brisbane CBD based
• Large scale offshore block caving project
An exciting opportunity now exists for a Senior Mining Engineer reporting to the Mining Study Lead. Working with the Brisbane based Projects team you will be responsible for the delivery of mine design & planning for a large scale block cave development in PNG.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
• The development of mine plans for a large scale block / panel caving operation including:
o Development designs
o Production plans and schedules
o Operating and capital cost estimates
o Ventilation modelling and system design
• Contribute to trade-off studies and design optimisation studies
• Identify and champion project improvement opportunities
• Co-ordinate and manage specialist consultants
• Development of conceptual mine designs for satellite deposits
To be successful in this role you will need:
• Bachelor of Engineering in Mining Engineering and experience for membership of AusIMM (or similar professional body)
• Extensive experience in active mining engineering and planning roles in large scale underground mining operations and projects
• Experience in Ore Reserve estimation, including understanding of cut-off grade theory and practice
• Proven track record in using strategic mine planning techniques and technologies
• Excellent written communication skills
If you are confident you have the skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil this role then please apply now via the button below.
Advertised: 2 Apr 2012 E. Australia Standard Time
Closing date: 27 Apr 2012 11:55pm E. Australia Standard Time
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
Newcrest Mining Limited does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and is not responsible for any related fees.