Underground Mine Geologist
This job has now expired
MMG operates a portfolio of world-class base metal operations, development projects and exploration fields across Australia, Asia, Africa and North America. MMG is one of the world's largest producers of zinc as well as a substantial producer of copper, lead, gold and silver. A subsidiary company of Minmetals Resources (MMR), our vision is to build the next generation's leading global diversified minerals and metals company whilst staying true to our company values:
SAFETY * INTEGRITY * ACTION * RESULTS
The Golden Grove base and precious metals mine in Western Australia produces concentrates predominately of zinc, copper and lead. Currently we are operating two underground mines - Gossan Hill and Scuddles and we have recently completed our first blast to create an open pit mine.
We currently have a great career opportunity available for an experienced Mine Geologist to join our team at Golden Grove.
Reporting to the Senior Mine Geologist, you will be geologically responsible for an area of one of the underground mines. These responsibilities include:
- Generation of geological triangulations within your area of the mine and aiding the Resource Geologists in formulating block models and Mineral Resource estimations.
- Collating weekly and monthly reports.
- Underground geological mapping.
- Monitoring mine headings under geological control.
- Stope validations and reviews.
- Management and interpretation of digital geological data.
- Assist with the planning of underground drilling programmes and
- Undertake project work as required.
Additionally, you will also be expected to:
- Provide day-to-day mine geological services to the Operation.
- Grade control of stopes and development on a daily basis.
- Drillhole logging.
- Reconciliation of ore production.
This role would ideally be suited to a Geologist with underground mining experience looking to expand their knowledge and capability within a supportive team environment. The successful applicant will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in Geology;
- Strong technical, organisational, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Positive and proactive safety behaviours;
- Demonstrated underground geology experience; and
- Computer skills and proficiency in MS Office suite. A working knowledge of a 3D mining software package and common database systems are desirable.
This permanent position will commute on an 8 days on/6 days off FIFO roster from either Perth or Geraldton. Accommodation and meals are provided in a comfortable modern camp with wireless internet connection, swimming pool, fully equipped gym, Foxtel, beach volleyball, outdoor cricket pitch and tennis courts. The successful candidate will be offered a remuneration package commensurate with their experience and the current market. Relocation assistance is also on offer. For further information regarding this mine site, please click on the link below:
Download the Golden_Grove_Fact_Sheet.pdf.
To start your career journey with MMG, submit your application online in either Word (.doc) or Adobe (.pdf) format by clicking on the 'Apply' button or visiting the job search page of our website - http://careers.mmg.com/jobSearch.asp?stp=AW&sLanguage=en.
MMG is now on Twitter! Follow us for the latest news and career opportunities at www.twitter.com/mmgcareers.
Members of the Minmetals Resources Limited group of companies (HKEx: 1208)