This job has now expired
Job Title: Reliability Engineer - Perth, Western Australia
Requisition Number: 05854926
Overview of Position: Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies and through its Australia subsidiaries, has been in Australia for almost 60 years. Head quartered in Perth, Western Australia with a workforce of more than 3,000 people, Chevron Australia is leading the development of the Gorgon and Wheatstone natural gas projects, two of Australia’s largest natural gas projects. We also manage an equal one sixth interest in the North West Shelf Venture and are a participant in the proposed Browse LNG Development. Additionally we operate Australia’s largest onshore oilfield on Barrow Island, along with the Thevenard Island oilfields.
Our company’s foundation is built on our values, which distinguish and guide our actions. We conduct our business in a socially responsible and ethical manner. We respect the law, support universal human rights, protect the environment and benefit the communities where we work. As a company, our vision is to be the global energy company most admired for its people, partnership and performance.
It has never been a more exciting time to join Chevron Australia with our two mega projects, Gorgon and Wheatstone, moving towards operations.
Chevron is shaping Australia’s energy future. Due to our phenomenal growth in Australia, Chevron is offering outstanding career opportunities with an unparalleled lifestyle to experienced and talented Reliability Engineers.
Key skills and experience required:
• Tertiary qualified in a relevant discipline
• Demonstrated experience in asset integrity or reliability in a medium to large sized facility operations
• Demonstrated cross functional knowledge of fixed equipment, rotating, electrical, instrumentation, subsea equipment and structural to enable the development of asset integrity strategies
• Familiarity with asset integrity evaluations and availability/reliability calculations for normal operations such as elementary life cycle cost analysis, and the application of performance assessment tools including risk analysis, failure modes and effects analyses, 5 Why, Why Tree, root cause analysis, reliability centred maintenance, Lean Sigma, condition monitoring, risk based inspection and risk assessment
• Experience integrating asset integrity and reliability engineering principles into different project phases including design, manufacturing, installation, operations and maintenance
• Demonstrated experience leading asset integrity and/or reliability processes
• Demonstrated experience in the identification and prioritisation of facilities improvement opportunities
• Demonstrated experience in recommending solutions to asset integrity and/or reliability problems using basic engineering principles together with practical engineering experience
• Broad general knowledge of hazards, failure modes, barriers and performance specifications for common equipment in operating oil and gas facilities
• Previous experience working for an operator, focussing on the development and application of operation and maintenance processes
• Strong organisational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Familiarity with project management framework and a decision gate system
• Confident and clear written and verbal communication skills with the ability to engage with a diverse range of individuals across all levels and functions
• Self motivated with the ability to work autonomously
• Globally mobile with the desire to relocate to Australia
• Demonstrated commitment to Chevron’s values integrity, partnership and trust and achieving an incident and injury free environment
In return for your skills and experience, Chevron Australia will reward you with an exciting role in Australia, a competitive salary, Australian working visa sponsorship, relocation assistance and a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with one of the world's leading integrated energy companies.
Position Close Date: Thursday 31 May 2012, 3:00pm WST
Employment Status: Full Time
State: Western Australia
Relocation Eligible: Yes
If you are interested in this position, you must respond online. No phone, fax or email inquiries from potential applicants, external recruiters or other interested parties, please.
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity Employer