This job is no longer available
For a career rich in opportunities join Newcrest Mining Limited - a leading gold producer in Australia, the Pacific and Asia and one of the largest gold companies in the world Newcrest has a world class portfolio of operating mines across four countries and a global workforce of in excess of 16,000 people. We live our values daily in a high performing organisation, striving to achieve our vision to be the 'Miner of Choice' for our employees and contractors, the communities in which we operate and our shareholders.
Senior Specialist - Employee Relations
Located on St Kilda Road, our Melbourne head office is home to a range of corporate and professional departments, including our Executive team, Environment, Health & Safety, Commercial & Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology and Supply and Logistics.
Job No.: 810387
Work type: Permanent
Location: Melbourne Head Office, VIC
At Newcrest, HR is a key Business Partner to our operations globally, working closely with our business leaders to develop and implement people strategies that underpin our high performance work culture and support Newcrest's vision to be the "miner of choice".
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced HR professional to combine their skills and experience in Industrial Relations, Change Management and Contractor Management in an autonomous role.
You will be responsible for overseeing compliance with all HR aspects of the end to end contractor management process across all Newcrest operational and functional areas. Your key responsibilities will include:
• Defining HR business requirements in regards to the management of vendors/suppliers and contractor employees
• HR representation on the Project team to design, build and implement a Newcrest wide approach to contractor management
• Developing appropriate change management programmes to support effective implementation, including building local capability to manage all aspects of the process
• Reviewing and advising in respect to Employee Relations Management Plans submitted by prospective supplier/vendor companies
• Auditing vendor/supplier compliance with submitted Employee Relations Management Plans
• Post implementation, managing all HR aspects of the end to end contractor management process, including auditing and ensuring site compliance
• Providing strategic advice on issues relating to workforce planning, contractor management best practice and industrial relations
• Supporting broader HR projects and activities
With tertiary qualifications in Human Resources, Industrial Relations or a related field you have demonstrated success in employee and industrial relations and experience in the implementation and management of contractor management activities. Additionally you will have a well rounded generalist HR skill set, the ability to deliver on complex work without guidance and proven strengths as an influencer and change agent. Experience with SAP or similar HRIS is highly regarded.
If you are confident you have the skills, knowledge and experience to fill this role then please apply now via the link below.
Advertised: 16 Apr 2012 Aus. Eastern Standard Time
Closing date: 14 May 2012 11:55pm Aus. Eastern Standard Time
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
We value diversity of thought, style and working arrangements.
Newcrest Mining Limited does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies or Search firms and is not responsible for any related fees.