This job is no longer available
For a career rich in opportunities join Newcrest Mining Limited - a leading gold producer in Australia, the Pacific and Asia and one of the largest gold companies in the world Newcrest has a world class portfolio of operating mines across four countries and a global workforce of in excess of 16,000 people. We live our values daily in a high performing organisation, striving to achieve our vision to be the 'Miner of Choice' for our employees and contractors, the communities in which we operate and our shareholders.
Administration Assistant (Document Controller)
Cadia Valley Operations offers a rare opportunity to enjoy the lifestyle benefits of a rural mining community located 25kms from Orange and 3.5 hours west of Sydney. Leading the way in underground and open pit mining methods, our Cadia Valley operation's are one of the largest gold-copper mines in the country. The recently approved Cadia East project is set to become one of the largest underground mines in the world.
Job No.: 811593
Work type: Permanent
Location: Cadia Valley Operations, Orange NSW
Newcrest Mining Limited are looking for a suitably qualified Administration Assistant (Document Controller) to join its Cadia Valley Operations, near Orange, NSW.
Reporting to the Administration Supervisor, your main purpose is to provide effective and efficient administrative support for the Asset Management and Maintenance areas of the operation.
Key responsibilities as part of this purpose would include:
• Manage, monitor and administer the Cadia Valley Operations maintenance manning lists and Organisational Structure as required
• Process employee leave forms and administer the Employee Leave Register
• Comply with site security procedures in relation to permits and site access
• Recording and filing of documents, both physically and electronically
• Generation of reporting in relation to document status
• Assisting with the control of the document review cycle
• Administer leave and additional shift information on a daily basis
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of the department
To be successful in this position you will possess the following key skills and attributes:
• Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role, with exposure to high volume generalist administration or document control processes
• Thorough attention to detail
• Ability to build and maintain solid internal and external relationships
• Self motivated and enthusiastic
• Excellent communication skills
• Sound knowledge and experience with the Microsoft suite of products
• Knowledge of SAP would be an advantage
If you are confident you have the skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil this role then please 'Apply Now' via the link below.
Advertised: 17 Apr 2012 Aus. Eastern Standard Time
Closing date: 29 Apr 2012 7:00pm Aus. Eastern Standard Time
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
We value diversity of thought, style and working arrangements.
Newcrest Mining Limited does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies or Search firms and is not responsible for any related fees.