This job is no longer available
For a career rich in opportunities join Newcrest Mining Limited - a leading gold producer in Australia, the Pacific and Asia and one of the largest gold companies in the world Newcrest has a world class portfolio of operating mines across four countries and a global workforce of in excess of 16,000 people. We live our values daily in a high performing organisation, striving to achieve our vision to be the 'Miner of Choice' for our employees and contractors, the communities in which we operate and our shareholders.
Coordinator Maintenance - Pressure Oxidation
Newcrest's Lihir Island operation is located 900kms north-east of Port Moresby, in the New Ireland Province. The site is one of the world's largest gold mines and processing facilities, consisting of 3 linked open pits - Minifie, Lienetz and Kapit. We have a large team of over 4,000 people working in this significant operation.
Job No.: 812224
Work type: Permanent
Location: Lihir Operations - Lihir Island, PNG
As the Maintenance Coordinator - Pressure Oxidation you will coordinate mechanical maintenance activities for the pressure oxidation, autoclave and Geho pump areas of the process plant. Reporting to the Superintendent Fixed Plant Mechanical Maintenance, you will be responsible for maximising the utilisation of resources to achieve effective and cost efficient maintenance practices while maintaining a pro-active safety culture.
You key responsibilities include:
• Safely overseeing the mechanical maintenance in this area and ensure that all equipment is correctly maintenance to meet necessary production and reliability targets.
• Providing technical advice on plant maintenance practices, fault finding and failure analysis.
• Developing and executing the weekly maintenance plans.
• Providing technical direction to Supervisors, Planners and Maintenance crews, as well as cross functional coordination and liaison for shutdown activities.
• Fostering a culture of continuous improvement in the area of maintenance activities and safety.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• Trade qualification in a mechanical maintenance discipline.
• Diploma in Frontline Management or similar.
• Extensive experience with mechanical maintenance of mineral processing plants, including tanks, agitators and drives, centrigual and positive displacement pumps, autoclaves, geho pumps and hydraulics.
• Minimum of five (5) years experience in a Supervisor/Coordinator role or higher.
• Thorough understanding of rotating equipment repairs and rebuilds.
• Experience in use of an service for titanium, inconel and SAF materials.
• Knowledge of Ellipse or similar CMMS such as SAP, and ability to utilise the MS Office suite.
• Enthusiasm, self motivation and the ability to maintain direction and achieve work objectives
• The ability and drive to lead a multi-national team in a challenging environment.
• Proven analytical and problem solving skills with an aptitude to solve technical difficulties.
• Willingness to train others in a competent and technical manner.
Opportunities like this do not come up often, and this is your chance to join a world class operation of Asia Pacific's largest gold miner. If you are interested in this exciting and challenging opportunity and are confident you have the skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil this role then please apply via the button below.
Advertised: 19 Apr 2012 West Pacific Standard Time
Closing date: 3 May 2012 11:55pm West Pacific Standard Time
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
We value diversity of thought, style and working arrangements.
Newcrest Mining Limited does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies or Search firms and is not responsible for any related fees.