This job is no longer available
For a career rich in opportunities join Newcrest Mining Limited - a leading gold producer in Australia, the Pacific and Asia and one of the largest gold companies in the world Newcrest has a world class portfolio of operating mines across four countries and a global workforce of in excess of 16,000 people. We live our values daily in a high performing organisation, striving to achieve our vision to be the 'Miner of Choice' for our employees and contractors, the communities in which we operate and our shareholders.
Newcrest's Lihir Island operation is located 900kms north-east of Port Moresby, in the New Ireland Province. The site is one of the world's largest gold mines and processing facilities, consisting of 3 linked open pits - Minifie, Lienetz and Kapit. We have a large team of over 4,000 people working in this significant operation.
Job No.: 806905
Work type: Permanent
Location: Lihir Operations - Lihir Island, PNG
o Your BIG opportunity with Newcrest Mining
o World class mining operation
o Outstanding FIFO 15/13 Roster
As Project Coordinator for the site Mining Department, you will be responsible for supervising all civil and land clearing works associated with Mining Department, Survey and Projects activities.
You key responsibilities include:
• Planning, organising, providing leadership and controlling all civil and land clearing works as required in order to complete current projects;
• Effectively supervising the section's resources in order to optimise effective and efficient civil construction methods and procedures;
• Effectively training and supervising Business Partner's tasked with site clearing, tree felling and land/site preparation activities.
• Daily supervision of Business Partners services including work performance monitoring.
• Identifying and managing risk within acceptable limits via the JSA process;
• Reviewing Scope of Works, tender documentation and evaluations;
• Delivering the required monthly stock take report for the respective area of responsibility;
• Providing support to the section Superintendent;
• Ensuring compliance with Project QA/QC requirements and update of Change Register;
• Ensuring compliance with safety best practice in line with site Safety System;
• Ensure compliance with Environmental Policies and Procedures;
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• Appropriate industry or trade qualifications
• Job specific work experience with civil works and tree felling, with a proven ability to lead a team in performing these duties.
• Knowledge and ability to use production reporting systems and Microsoft Office suite of software.
• The ability and drive to lead a multinational team in a technically challenging and geographically remote environment.
• Able to manage multiple tasks to competing deadlines.
• Well developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills in English.
• Ability to speak or learn Tok Pisin and an understanding of PNG culture and customs an advantage.
Opportunities like this do not come up often, and this is your chance to join a world class operation of Asia Pacific's largest gold miner. If you are interested in this exciting and challenging opportunity and are confident you have the skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil this role then please apply via the button below.
Advertised: 19 Apr 2012 West Pacific Standard Time
Closing date: 3 May 2012 11:55pm West Pacific Standard Time
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
We value diversity of thought, style and working arrangements.
Newcrest Mining Limited does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies or Search firms and is not responsible for any related fees.