This job is no longer available
For a career rich in opportunities join Newcrest Mining Limited - a leading gold producer in Australia, the Pacific and Asia and one of the largest gold companies in the world Newcrest has a world class portfolio of operating mines across four countries and a global workforce of in excess of 16,000 people. We live our values daily in a high performing organisation, striving to achieve our vision to be the 'Miner of Choice' for our employees and contractors, the communities in which we operate and our shareholders.
Foreman - Surface Fleet
Cadia Valley Operations offers a rare opportunity to enjoy the lifestyle benefits of a rural mining community located 25kms from Orange and 3.5 hours west of Sydney. Leading the way in underground and open pit mining methods, our Cadia Valley operation's are one of the largest gold-copper mines in the country. The recently approved Cadia East project is set to become one of the largest underground mines in the world.
Job No.: 811245
Work type: Permanent
Location: Cadia Valley Operations, Orange NSW
Newcrest Mining Limited is now looking for a Foreman Surface Fleet for its Cadia Valley Operation, near Orange, NSW.
Reporting to the Mobile Equipment Maintenance Superintendent, your role is to plan, direct and coordinate the safe and efficient maintenance activities across the department to ensure all Mobile and associated equipment is maintained and operating at a safe and efficient standard.
Key responsibilities would include:
• Assisting with the development and execution of annual budgets
• Maintain the equipment in accordance with Newcrest's policies, standards and maintenance strategies
• Ensure relevant statutory requirements are being adhered to for all maintenance related activities
• Monitor equipment against performance
• Manage the execution of planned and scheduled work for Fleet maintenance
• Initiate the implementation of SWP's for the mobile maintenance section
• Mentor workforce and be a driving force in training and development
• Ensure safety is a key focus and never compromised
• Effective leadership toward Newcrest's vision as Miner of Choice
To ensure your success in this role it is envisaged you possess the following key skills, experiences and attributes:
• Qualified tradesperson or engineer
• Understanding of budgets and their functionality
• Understanding of planning techniques for fleet maintenance
• Minimum 10 years experience with mobile fleet, preferably from within the mining industry
• 5 years supervisory experience in a heavy vehicle maintenance environment
• Demonstrated experience with modern maintenance techniques and CMMS
• Strategic thinker with strong influencing skills
• Well developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
If you are confident you have the relevant skills, knowledge and experience to be a success in this role, please apply via the link below.
Advertised: 19 Apr 2012 Aus. Eastern Standard Time
Closing date: 6 May 2012 7:00pm Aus. Eastern Standard Time
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
We value diversity of thought, style and working arrangements.
Newcrest Mining Limited does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies or Search firms and is not responsible for any related fees.