This job is no longer available
For a career rich in opportunities join Newcrest Mining Limited - a leading gold producer in Australia, the Pacific and Asia and one of the largest gold companies in the world Newcrest has a world class portfolio of operating mines across four countries and a global workforce of in excess of 16,000 people. We live our values daily in a high performing organisation, striving to achieve our vision to be the 'Miner of Choice' for our employees and contractors, the communities in which we operate and our shareholders.
Superintendent Geology - Cadia Valley
Cadia Valley Operations offers a rare opportunity to enjoy the lifestyle benefits of a rural mining community located 25kms from Orange and 3.5 hours west of Sydney. Leading the way in underground and open pit mining methods, our Cadia Valley operation's are one of the largest gold-copper mines in the country. The recently approved Cadia East project is set to become one of the largest underground mines in the world.
Job No.: 812013
Work type: Permanent
Location: Cadia Valley Operations, Orange NSW
Superintendent - Geology
• 5/2 Work / Life Balance Roster
• Challenging and rewarding leadership role
• Competitive remuneration including relocation
Newcrest Mining currently is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Superintendent - Geology for our Cadia Valley Operations. Reporting to the Mineral Resources Manager you will lead and supervise all Mine Geology production teams in relation to Open Pit and Underground. The Superintendent - Mine Geology will be responsible for all production related activities and will act as a technical expert in ore estimation and production and supervise and coordinate production teams.
As a leader within the Minerals group at Cadia Valley, you will provide direction on delivery priorities, coordinate geology input into mining production and develop strategies for geology input into mining production.
Key responsibilities within this role include:
• Review and refine all aspects of material classification within Grade Control processes.
• Provide ongoing production estimations for material tracking of all geological and grade parameters and reconciliation of models, forecasts and mine call
• Actively develop geological knowledge from data and production variances to ensure that an up-to-date geological understanding is maintained and communicated
• Coordinate resource model improvement by incorporating the latest geological interpretations and reconciliations
• Coordinate a resource modelling strategy allowing dynamic process to provide updates as needed
• Ensure environmental issues and impacts are considered in all activities of the geology production teams as well as ensuring compliance with statutory requirements and company policies and practices
• Ensuring safety and occupational health issues are considered in all aspects of test work and operational activities
As the successful Superintendent; you are a natural leader, trouble-shooter and highly effective communicator with a proven track record of continually striving for business excellence through delivery of improvement initiatives. You must have an inherent desire to not only succeed in designated responsibilities but exceed expectations across the operation with an outstanding commitment to improvement, safety, quality and teamwork. This is an outstanding career opportunity with scope for future advancement in a multi-national focussed company with an aggressive growth profile.
Applicants should hold a Bachelor of Science in Geology or equivalent and possess significant experience in mine geology preferably at large scale open pit and underground metalliferous mines.
Advertised: 18 Apr 2012 Aus. Eastern Standard Time
Closing date: 18 May 2012 11:55pm Aus. Eastern Standard Time
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
We value diversity of thought, style and working arrangements.
Newcrest Mining Limited does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies or Search firms and is not responsible for any related fees.