Supervisor / Trainer Shift CU
This job has now expired
Supervisor / Trainer Shift CU
Job no: 493619
Work type: Permanent Full time
Location: Sepon Mine Savannakhet
Categories: Mineral Processing
MMG operates a portfolio of world-class base metal operations, development projects and exploration fields across Australia, Asia, Africa and North America. MMG is one of the world's largest producers of zinc as well as a substantial producer of copper, lead, gold and silver. A subsidiary company of Minmetals Resources (MMR), our vision is to build the next generation's leading global diversified minerals and metals company whilst staying true to our company values:
SAFETY * INTEGRITY * ACTION * RESULTS
The Sepon Copper operation in Laos produces approximately 80,000 tonnes of Copper and approximately 70,000oz of Gold annually.
Reporting to the Shift Coordinator, the role of the Supervisor Trainer is to supervise and train Lao National personnel in the safe and productive operation of the Copper plant, within company and metallurgical guidelines, by imparting skills and knowledge and to work collaboratively to ensure the eventual localisation of the copper plant.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Working in conjunction with the Shift Coordinators and the Plant site Training Department to implement Safety and Operational training programs for Lao Trainee Operators
• Working in conjunction with the Operational Group to achieve Production and Budget targets
• Ensuring understanding and implementation of environmental responsibilities to our Lao Supervisors and Operators
• Consulting widely with relevant site personnel to ensure all MMG LXML operating policies and procedures are followed.
To be successful in this position, you will require:
• Significant production experience and a proven track record of Supervisory experience within the minerals processing industry, particularly in copper processing
• An ability to demonstrate sound knowledge of hydrometallurgical processes, including
• Pressure Oxidation, Solvent Extraction and Electro-winning processes
• Exposure to Oxygen Plant operations would be highly regarded as would experience in Crushing, Grinding, CCD Thickening, Atmospheric Leaching & Flotation
• Certificate IV in Work Place Training and Accessing or equivalent (TAA qualifications)
• Sound written and oral communication skills
• Sound knowledge of the MS Office suite of applications
• Overseas working experience will be highly regarded especially within Asian countries.
Located near the gateway to South East Asia, this position allows for exploration of this fascinating region whilst on R&R. The attractive 24/18 roster on a fixed term 12 month contract provides travel to and from your home base. Onsite accommodation facilities are provided, including a gym and sporting facilities
For further information regarding this mine site, please click on the link below:
Download the Sepon_Fact_Sheet.pdf.
If you wish to explore the opportunity to be part of MMG, submit your application online in either Word (.doc) or Adobe (.PDF) format by clicking on the 'Apply' button or visiting the job search page of our website - http://careers.mmg.com/jobSearch.asp?stp=AW&sLanguage=en. Applications close on Monday 7th May 2012
MMG is now on Twitter! Follow us for the latest news and career opportunities at www.twitter.com/mmgcareers.
Members of the Minmetals Resources Limited group of companies (HKEx: 1208)
Advertised: 18 Apr 2012 S.E. Asia Standard Time
Application close: 07 May 2012 S.E. Asia Standard Time