This job has now expired
Job no: 493442
Work type: Limited Tenure / Fixed term
Categories: Administrative Support, Exploration
Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) is one of the world's largest producers of zinc as well as a substantial producer of copper, lead, gold and silver. MMG has a portfolio of advanced and early stage exploration projects throughout Australia, Asia and North America.
MMG Resources Inc. office is located in Vancouver, BC and features various projects under development in Nunavut, Canada.
MMG is looking for a seasonal Camp Administrator for its remote Izok camp located 350km NNE of Yellowknife. The 40 person camp will support the operations of two drill rigs and several geophysical programs.
Work will begin in May and finish on September 1st. The work schedule will be based on a fly in/fly out rotation of 4 weeks in and 2 weeks out.
Reporting to the Camp Manager, the Camp Administrator will provide leadership/assistance to effectively manage camp operations/logistics.
Specific duties will include:
• Managing a small crew of camp workers
• Scheduling flights
• Managing the loading/unloading of planes
• Organizing fuel hauls
• Overseeing road and airstrip maintenance
• Answering phones and facilitating radio communications with aircraft.
• Conduct Safety Inductions (visitors and employees)
• Payroll administration
• Expense administration
• Miscellaneous duties as directed by Camp Manager and Project Manager
The Successful Applicant will preferably have:
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office & the ability to learn other software applications.
• Experience in remote fly-in camps, Arctic experience would be preferred.
• Previous experience in Arctic or cold weather environments.
• Ability to foster and maintain a safe and healthy team atmosphere
• Strong leadership and communications skills.
How to Apply:
If this position is of interest to you, please, submit your application online in MS Word format. Please follow the link below to apply to the position.
Advertised: 17 Apr 2012 Pacific Standard Time
Application close: 02 May 2012 Pacific Standard Time