This job is no longer available
SENIOR PROJECT GEOLOGIST
An exploration opportunity with plenty of upside in WA’s Premier Gold District
Step up to the next level. An opportunity has arisen for a motivated and experienced Project Geologist, with ASX listed Southern Gold Limited (SAU). The Company’s primary focus is the Kalgoorlie based Bulong Gold project, but also holds project areas in South Australia and Cambodia. Reporting to the Development Manager, this role requires someone with a passion for field geology and a proactive approach to geological problem solving.
- Systematic evaluation of tenement holdings: As part of a small team, plan, manage and implement the evaluation of targets ranging from conceptual plays to mineralised systems.
- Liaising with key stakeholders and ensuring compliance with statutory requirements, Company strategic plans, policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications – BSc in Geology
- Practical “hands on” experience (5+ years) in exploration and/or resource development
- Computer literacy and competence in the use of GIS software and modeling packages such ie as MapInfo and , Micromine, Surpac, etc.
- Experience with developing budgets and work plans.
- Comprehensive Understanding of safety and environmental compliance requirements.
- Experience and ability to work within small teams and demonstrable leadership abilities
- Previous Kalgoorlie Terrane experience preferential
This position offers a competitive salary package reflective of the role and commensurate with the successful candidate’s ability and experience.
Please forward an electronic resume to email@example.com or make further enquiries on (08) 8368 8888.