This job is no longer available
For a career rich in opportunities join Newcrest Mining Limited - a leading gold producer in Australia, the Pacific and Asia and one of the largest gold companies in the world Newcrest has a world class portfolio of operating mines across four countries and a global workforce of in excess of 16,000 people. We live our values daily in a high performing organisation, striving to achieve our vision to be the 'Miner of Choice' for our employees and contractors, the communities in which we operate and our shareholders.
Mechanical Technician - Leading Hand
Seize the opportunity to make your mark by bringing your expertise to the most exciting underground/open pit mine operation in Australia. With over 1,000 people on site, Telfer is a fly-in, fly-out operation, located in the Great Sandy Desert (470kms east of Port Hedland). The on-site accommodation offers a gym, swimming pool and golf driving range.
This state-of-the-art gold-copper mine offers a great foundation to develop your career.
Job No.: 812846
Work type: Permanent
Location: Telfer Operation – WA
• Attractive 14/14 family friendly roster.
• Highly competitive remuneration package.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for leading a team completing planned and unplanned maintenance effectively, with the goal of optimising availability and reliability of Excavators and Face Shovels. Furthermore, you will lead by example by contributing to the culture of Zero Harm to our people, environment and community.
Our attractive four panel roster encourages a work/life balance as you will fly in Wednesday afternoon to complete a 1.5 hour return to work meeting followed by 14 shifts. You then depart site to enjoy an extensive R&R of similar length. As part of this roster you will also complete 14 additional shifts during the year as agreed with your supervisor.
Your key responsibilities, as the Mechanical Technician - Leading Hand, will include:
• Effective leadership of a team completing all Mobile Fleet Maintenance duties
• All repairs are to be completed to a quality and in a timely manner to ensure minimise rework and disruption to the mining operation
• Ensure the principles of quality management and continuous improvement are recognised.
• Diagnosing Hydraulic and Mechanical faults.
• Active participation in daily inspection of machines and documentation of required backlog repairs
• Maintain effective communication between maintenance, planning and operational personnel to optimise uptime of machinery and opportune maintenance
• Completion and return of all planning and scheduling documentation to maintenance planning to ensure all planning, scheduling, backlog and history are maintained to monitor asset status.
• Completion of all daily inspection and various component condition monitoring templates as required
To succeed in this role, you will possess the following key experience, skills and attributes:
• Mechanical Trade Qualification
• Demonstrated Leadership experience
• Demonstrated experience working on Face Shovels, Excavators, or similar mobile equipment.
If you are confident you have the skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil this role then please apply now via the button below.
Advertised: 26 Apr 2012 W. Australia Standard Time
Closing date: 24 May 2012 11:55pm W. Australia Standard Time
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
We value diversity of thought, style and working arrangements.
Newcrest Mining Limited does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies or Search firms and is not responsible for any related fees.