This job is no longer available
For a career rich in opportunities join Newcrest Mining Limited - a leading gold producer in Australia, the Pacific and Asia and one of the largest gold companies in the world Newcrest has a world class portfolio of operating mines across four countries and a global workforce of in excess of 16,000 people. We live our values daily in a high performing organisation, striving to achieve our vision to be the 'Miner of Choice' for our employees and contractors, the communities in which we operate and our shareholders.
Principal Open Pit Production Engineer
Located in Brisbane CBD, our Technical Office is home to about 90 staff, working across a range of technical support and functional service departments, Brisbane offer's challenging and dynamic career opportunities.
Job No.: 806512
Work type: Permanent
Location: Brisbane, QLD
• Newly created function, exciting and challenging - Brisbane based
• Highly Visible, Group-Wide appointment
• Join Asia-Pacific's largest gold producer, career defining move
For a Principal Engineer, this is a rare and exciting opportunity to join one of the world's top gold mining companies and be challenged in a group-wide role.
Brisbane based, the role is multi dimensioned and requires effective interpersonal skills to work in a team environment on concurrent tasks, liaising regularly with multiple business unit stakeholders. This is a highly visible role in our newly created central Technical and Innovation function, working closely with other technical departments across the Newcrest group of assets.
Reporting to the Group Manager - Mining Engineering, you will provide advanced technical and production support across Newcrest's key Australian and International open pit operations and projects. Delivery will be required in both a virtual/remote capacity from Brisbane and where possible, site based.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Develop, maintain and ensure group open pit short term planning standards, tools and processes are applied to a high standard
• Coordinate the identification of mining KPI's to monitor group open pit mining performance
• Continually improve planning processes to drive best practice and production performance
• Complete evaluations and capital justification submissions for mining equipment requirements
• Mentor and coach production planning personnel for continual skill development
• Lead and be a member of major business performance improvement projects
• Complete analysis of mining capital and operating cost budgets and forecasts
• Ensure OHSE compliance with statutory requirements, company policies and practices
To be successful in this position you will possess the following:
• Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering, Postgraduate preferred
• Extensive metalliferous open pit mining experience across Production, Drill & Blast, Planning
• Ability to direct multiple studies and projects, both external and internal
• Proven ability to project manage to timeframes and deliver outcomes
• Solid presentation and report writing skills, upwards to Executive level
• Proactive approach to problem solving and continuous organisational change
• Software knowledge and competency in Vulcan and Xpac is preferred but not excluding Surpac 2000, Datamine, Micromine & Whittle and Microsoft Office Suite
As a technical specialist you will challenge the "status quo" and effectively influence key stakeholders when required to ensure Open Pit mining processes are operating under best practice methodologies.
This is an exciting, challenging role where you will have the opportunity to work with some of the industry's most highly talented people here at Newcrest and be rewarded for your hard work and passion.
If you are confident you have the skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil this role then please apply via the link below, alternatively for a confidential discussion please contact Corey Liddell on +61 7 3514 8641.
Advertised: 24 Apr 2012 E. Australia Standard Time
Closing date: 25 May 2012 11:55pm E. Australia Standard Time
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
We value diversity of thought, style and working arrangements.
Newcrest Mining Limited does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies or Search firms and is not responsible for any related fees.