Project Controls/Cost Engineer - Perth, Western Australia
This job has now expired
Job Title: Project Controls/Cost Engineer - Perth, Western Australia
Requisition Number: 05854921
Overview of Position: Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies and through its Australia subsidiaries, has been in Australia for almost 60 years. Head quartered in Perth, Western Australia with a workforce of more than 3,000 people, Chevron Australia is leading the development of the Gorgon and Wheatstone natural gas projects, two of Australia’s largest natural gas projects. We also manage an equal one sixth interest in the North West Shelf Venture and are a participant in the proposed Browse LNG Development. Additionally we operate Australia’s largest onshore oilfield on Barrow Island, along with the Thevenard Island oilfields.
Our company’s foundation is built on our values, which distinguish and guide our actions. We conduct our business in a socially responsible and ethical manner. We respect the law, support universal human rights, protect the environment and benefit the communities where we work. As a company, our vision is to be the global energy company most admired for its people, partnership and performance.
It has never been a more exciting time to join Chevron Australia with our two mega projects, Gorgon and Wheatstone, moving towards operations.
Chevron is shaping Australia’s energy future. Due to our phenomenal growth in Australia, Chevron is offering outstanding career opportunities with an unparalleled lifestyle to experienced and talented Project Controls and Cost Management Engineers.
Position Details: Key skills and experience required:
• Tertiary qualified in a relevant disciplines
• Previous experience in a similar role working on a major capital project
• Experience in the development of work breakdown structures (WBS) and cost breakdown structures (CBS) as the basis for project budgeting and forecasting
• Demonstrated experience preparing and maintaining the master project schedule in Primavera based on the project WBS including reporting project progress
• Experience configuring, maintaining and administering the cost control system and ensuring interface between the project cost system and accounting JDE system
• Demonstrated experience recording and monitoring all projected spending and commitments made against the project budgets including project personnel costs, direct company costs and third party contractors
• Strong organisational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Familiarity with project management framework and a decision gate system
• Confident and clear written and verbal communication skills with the ability to engage with a diverse range of individuals across all levels and functions
• Self motivated with the ability to work autonomously
• Globally mobile with the desire to relocate to Australia
• Demonstrated commitment to Chevron’s values of integrity, partnership and trust and achieving an incident and injury free environment
In return for your skills and experience, Chevron Australia will reward you with an exciting role in Australia, a competitive salary, Australian working visa sponsorship, relocation assistance and a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with one of the world's leading integrated energy companies.
Position Closing Date: Thursday 31 May 2012, 3:00pm WST
Employment Status: Full Time
State: Western Australia
Relocation Eligible: Yes