This job is no longer available
For a career rich in opportunities join Newcrest Mining Limited - a leading gold producer in Australia, the Pacific and Asia and one of the largest gold companies in the world Newcrest has a world class portfolio of operating mines across four countries and a global workforce of in excess of 16,000 people. We live our values daily in a high performing organisation, striving to achieve our vision to be the 'Miner of Choice' for our employees and contractors, the communities in which we operate and our shareholders.
Newcrest's Lihir Island operation is located 900kms north-east of Port Moresby, in the New Ireland Province. The site is one of the world's largest gold mines and processing facilities, consisting of 3 linked open pits - Minifie, Lienetz and Kapit. We have a large team of over 4,000 people working in this significant operation.
Job No.: 815068
Work type: Permanent
Location: Lihir Operations - Lihir Island, PNG
• Exciting opportunity
• Join a leading organisation
• FIFO or Residential - Lihir Island
This is an exciting opportunity for a Capital Coordinator to join our team based at Lihir. Reporting to the Superintendent Planning & Analysis, this is your opportunity to support the business in the administration of the onsite and offsite capital process. You will support the business from a financial and commercial perspective, driving improvements whilst ensuring consistency and compliance with the Capital Management policies and processes.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Implement and drive compliance with capital management policies and procedures
• Assist Project Managers in preparation & review of Capital Expenditure Requests, including business case justification
• Coordinate the site Capital Review Committee and outputs
• Prepare monthly reports on status of site Capital Management
• Assist Project Managers with project close out, capitalisation and post close out reviews
• Identify and assist in implementing improvement opportunities in the capital process
• Support the training and development of the Graduate Capital Officer
• Ad-hoc management reporting
To be successful in this role you will bring with you proven financial modelling experience, preferably in the resources sector. You will have sound business reporting and computer skills and the ability to generate innovative solutions to work issues. Your flexible and adaptable interpersonal style will help you work with others across all levels of the wider business. Due to the high volume of activities within this role, it is essential that you are highly organised and capable of managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
To register your interest, please apply via the link below.
Advertised: 3 May 2012 West Pacific Standard Time
Closing date: 13 May 2012 11:55pm West Pacific Standard Time
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
We value diversity of thought, style and working arrangements.
Newcrest Mining Limited does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies or Search firms and is not responsible for any related fees.