This job is no longer available
Location: Koolyanobbing Operations, Australia
Job Code: 444
Cliffs Natural Resources Inc. is an international mining and natural resources company. A member of the S&P 500 Index, the Company is a major global iron ore producer and a significant producer of high- and low-volatile metallurgical coal. Cliffs’ strategy is to continually achieve greater scale and diversification in the mining industry through a focus on serving the world’s largest and fastest growing steel markets. Driven by the core values of social, environmental and capital stewardship, Cliffs associates across the globe endeavor to provide all stakeholders operating and financial transparency.
The Company is organized through a global commercial group responsible for sales and delivery of Cliffs products and a global operations group responsible for the production of the minerals the Company markets. Cliffs operates iron ore and coal mines in North America and two iron ore mining complexes in Western Australia. The Company also has a 45% economic interest in a coking and thermal coal mine in Queensland, Australia. In addition, Cliffs has a major chromite project, in the pre-feasibility stage of development, located in Ontario, Canada.
Our West Australian mining operations include the Koolyanobbing Project located in the heart of the Goldfields providing lump and fine products to the international market, exported from our Port Operations in Esperance and the Cockatoo Island Project, a Joint Venture in the Kimberleys. Our strength as an organisation starts with selecting the right employees; this is why we are committed to finding the best and brightest workforce.
Cliffs Natural Resources are seeking an experienced and qualified Reliability Engineer to join the Mining Maintenance team, based at the Koolyanobbing project. This integral newly created role will work in close collaboration with internal stakeholders and external providers to ensure optimum levels of utilisation and availability of all on-site plant assets in order to meet mine plan and railed tonnes in a safe and cost effective manner. Additional to the operational requirements of this integral role within Cliffs Asia Pacific, you will be expected to contribute and provide strategic advice to various levels of management.
Your key accountabilities / responsibilities will include:
• Conducting analysis on equipment and components and establishing programmes and strategies for maximising optimum performance for all on-site plant;
• Provide input and guidance for development and business improvements;
• Capturing and reporting of significant data utilising appropriate industry tools, including; CMMS, RCA, RCM, LCC, MCM, RBI, TPM;
• Identifying gaps in equipment optimisation and developing solutions complete with estimates of the cost, benefits and risks of each solution;
• Support, develop and improve upon existing programs and systems to ensure data collection and validation supports operating and reporting requirements;
• Developing cost monitoring and forecasting methods and reports in accordance with the Cliffs maintenance strategies and budgets.
To be successful, you will possess the following:
• A strong focus and commitment to safety;
• Well developed and mature corporate interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to interact and liaise across all levels of the organisation;
• Able to work effectively autonomously with the ability to successfully engage within a team environment;
• A pro-active approach to resolving complex challenges utilising a confidence in your initiative and ability;
• Experience with maintaining classified plant and mobile mining equipment;
• Solid understanding of maintenance strategies for large-scale mining operations;
• Advanced skills in MS Office (specifically Excel and Project);
• Experience using Ellipse and an understanding of JDE will be well regarded;
• Attention to detail and well developed analytical skills;
• Current “A” class driver’s licence.
The successful candidate will be required to be Bachelor degree qualified in Mechanical/Materials Engineering or equivalent with additional eligibility for entry as a member of Engineers Australia. To be a successful contributor in the integral role for Cliffs Natural Resources you will have relevant industry experience developed over a 5 – 10 year period.
If you are motivated to work closely with a well established industry respected organisation, alongside some of industry’s most respected and specialised professionals in a supportive and inclusive environment then this newly created opportunity with Cliffs Natural Resources will be ideal to make your own.
To apply for the Reliability Engineer position with Cliffs Natural Resources, please click on the ‘APPLY’ button.
Some of the generous benefits enjoyed by Cliffs include;
• 9/5 roster
• 10 hour working days on site
• 15% Superannuation
For more information of the generous benefits enjoyed by Cliffs personnel please see the Remuneration and Benefits section on our Asia Pacific Career Opportunities page at www.cliffsnaturalresources.com/EN/Careers/AsiaPacific/WhatWeOffer