This job is no longer available
For a career rich in opportunities join Newcrest Mining Limited - a leading gold producer in Australia, the Pacific and Asia and one of the largest gold companies in the world Newcrest has a world class portfolio of operating mines across four countries and a global workforce of in excess of 16,000 people. We live our values daily in a high performing organisation, striving to achieve our vision to be the 'Miner of Choice' for our employees and contractors, the communities in which we operate and our shareholders.
Supervisor/Trainer Mobile Maintenance Planning
Newcrest's Lihir Island operation is located 900kms north-east of Port Moresby, in the New Ireland Province. The site is one of the world's largest gold mines and processing facilities, consisting of 3 linked open pits - Minifie, Lienetz and Kapit. We have a large team of over 4,000 people working in this significant operation.
Job No.: 812225
Work type: Permanent
Location: Lihir Operations - Lihir Island, PNG
As the Supervisor/Trainer Mobile Maintenance Planning you will be responsible for leading the routine planning and scheduling activities for mobile fleet maintenance workgroups An important aspect of this role will be coaching and mentoring Planners and Trade Supervisors in the principles and practices of maintenance work management and planning.
You will be responsible for:
• Leading a team to deliver best practice planning, scheduling and execution tracking across multiple trade workgroups.
• Contributing to the development and monitoring of work management standards and processes so they are in line with operational requirements and consistent with maintenance best practice.
• Providing leadership and mentoring for mobile maintenance planning staff including setting performance standards and goals, holding people accountable for their achievement, ongoing training and development and performance management.
• Setting long-term schedules for major maintenance tasks, outages, and other major life-cycle events.
• Fostering the development of safety programs to achieve Zero Harm objectives and targets.
We are seeking:
• Trade qualification with hands-on and supervisory experience in mobile plant maintenance planning.
• Well-developed knowledge of the theory and practice of maintenance work management for mobile mining fleets.
• At least five (5) years mobile equipment maintenance planning experience.
• Demonstrated ability to lead planning teams to achieve tasks on time with minimal supervision.
• A preference would be given to a high level knowledge of SAP. Knowledge of other CMMS would also be recognised.
• Competency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Excellent communication skills with the willingness and ability to train the PNG workforce.
• Demonstrated safety leadership.
Advertised: 8 May 2012 West Pacific Standard Time
Closing date: 22 May 2012 11:55pm West Pacific Standard Time
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
We value diversity of thought, style and working arrangements.
Newcrest Mining Limited does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies or Search firms and is not responsible for any related fees.