This job has now expired
Job no: 493677
Work type: Permanent Full time
Categories: Administrative Support
MMG operates a portfolio of world-class base metal operations, development projects and exploration fields across Australia, Asia, Africa and North America. MMG is one of the world's largest producers of zinc as well as a substantial producer of copper, lead, gold and silver. A subsidiary company of Minmetals Resources (MMR), our vision is to build the next generation's leading global diversified minerals and metals company whilst staying true to our company values:
SAFETY * INTEGRITY * ACTION * RESULTS
MMG Resources Inc. is MMG's Canadian exploration and development operation with projects in Nunavut and Ontario. We are looking to appoint a Finance Manager to provide coordinate the finance and administrative functions for the Canadian operations.
MMG is looking for an Administrative Assistant to be part of the team based in Vancouver, BC.
Reporting directly to the Approvals Manager this role's responsibilities will include supporting the environment and approvals teams through the provision of administrative assistance.
The key responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
• Manage appointments for the environmental and approvals team.
• Maintain a filing system.
• Prepare agenda and minutes and for the team's meetings.
• Coordinate workshops and sessions as required.
• Coordinate bookings and approvals for all site travel and accommodation.
• Prepare, format and provide document control support as needed.
• Implement and maintain an invoice tracking system for detailed cost management.
• Compile, format and review PowerPoint presentations.
• Assist Community Relations Officer with the collation and distribution of the newsletter.
• Data entry for stake tracker.
• Miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Approvals Manager.
To be considered for this role you will require the following:
• At least five years working in a professional office environment, with a minimum of three years administration experience working with senior management.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills.
• Experience in the mining industry, an asset.
• Customer "be of service" approach and focus.
• High level of initiative, resourcefulness and organisation skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
Applicants must hold current work rights within Canada. To apply, submit your application online in MS Word format before the application closing date of May 21, 2012.
To register your interest in this opportunity to be part of MMG, please click on the 'Apply' button.
MMG is now on Twitter! Follow us for the latest news and career opportunities at www.twitter.com/mmgcareers.
Members of the Minmetals Resources Limited group of companies (HKEx: 1208)
Advertised: 03 May 2012 Pacific Standard Time
Application close: 21 May 2012 Pacific Standard Time