Downer Mining Graduate Programme 2012 - 2013
This job has now expired
DOWNER MINING GRADUATE PROGRAMME 2012 - 2013
As a market leader in infrastructure and engineering services, Downer understands and recognises the contribution employees make to the success of our business.
Unearth your full potential with Downer's Mining division - a business where there's room to grow, diverse opportunities and a team that will support your journey.
Job No.: 503253
Downer Mining is Australia's most diversified mining contractor. Our broad service offering together with our commitment to ZERO HARM to our people and the environment, position Downer Mining as the mining contractor and employer of choice.
As a Downer Mining Graduate, you will be assigned a number of key responsibilities to manage within our company which will have direct impact on our business. You can expect to be provided with business improvement projects that will both challenge and further develop those skills you have acquired during your tertiary studies.
The Downer Mining Graduate Programme is your opportunity to contribute to signature projects throughout Australia & internationally, supported throughout by a league of industry best professionals.
What sets us apart?
• A structured programme tailored to your discipline and individual career goals
• Annual rotations into one of our various sites or corporate offices
• Your own dedicated Mentor and Career Champion, both focused on your development
• Share your experience with fellow Downer Mining Graduates throughout the programme and at our week long 'Graduate Workshop'
• Dedication to your ongoing development with our Tertiary Assistance and Leadership Development Programmes
• Graduating in 2012 (mid year or end of year) with a Bachelors degree in one of the following disciplines :o Mining Engineering
o Civil Engineering
o Mechanical Engineering
o Environmental Science
o Occupational Health and Safety
o Human Resources
• Good knowledge of mining operations, ideally gained through vacation work placements on site
• Open to relocate anywhere in Australia
• Current manual drivers licence
• Highly self motivated and a demonstrated ability to lead, influence and achieve
In return we offer
• Our Zero Harm initiative : A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all on the Downer EDI Mining team
• Multiple entry times into our programme throughout the year
• Regular rotations, with placements at one of our regional or head offices and at mine sites across Australia or internationally
• A dedicated Mentor who will give you regular career development feedback and advice to ensure you are heading in the right direction
• A Career Champion who will assist and guide your development from a strategic level
• Attractive, market competitive remuneration package
• A superior employee benefits package including discounted health cover options, an impressive Tertiary Assistance Programme and salary sacrifice options
• A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative
• A genuine career path to high performers seeking to develop their profession within a growing company
Please Note :
Applications are being received online and are required to include a cover letter, resume and your most recent Academic Transcript.
Advertised: 9 Mar 2012 E. Australia Standard Time
Closing date: 30 Jun 2012 11:55pm E. Australia Standard Time