This job is no longer available
For a career rich in opportunities join Newcrest Mining Limited - a leading gold producer in Australia, the Pacific and Asia and one of the largest gold companies in the world Newcrest has a world class portfolio of operating mines across four countries and a global workforce of in excess of 16,000 people. We live our values daily in a high performing organisation, striving to achieve our vision to be the 'Miner of Choice' for our employees and contractors, the communities in which we operate and our shareholders.
Cadia Valley Operations offers a rare opportunity to enjoy the lifestyle benefits of a rural mining community located 25kms from Orange and 3.5 hours west of Sydney. Leading the way in underground and open pit mining methods, our Cadia Valley operation's are one of the largest gold-copper mines in the country. The recently approved Cadia East project is set to become one of the largest underground mines in the world.
Job No.: 817730
Work type: Permanent
Location: Cadia Valley Operations, Orange NSW
A vacancy exists in the Mechanical Maintenance Department for a Lubrication Technician. This position reports to the Fixed plant Maintenance Supervisor and is responsible for managing all facets of the lubrication systems to all ball mills, conveyors, crushers, pumps and fixed plant machinery. This includes daily monitoring of all lubrication systems to ensure operating levels are maintained, regular accurate oil sampling and using the Scanning system. As the Lubrication Technician you will support Newcrest's Operating Framework and a Target Zero approach to Safety.
• Actively promoting and maintain a high safety performance;
• Coordinate continuous improvements of the lubrication system during daily activities and planned shutdowns;
• Introduce lubrication best practices;
• Support and contribute to workplace improvement initiatives;
• Conduct Maintenance Data Analysis using Scanning software;
• Collect accurate samples;
• Manage all lubrication storage stocks and reservoirs so plant availability is maintained to achieve maximum asset capacity utilisation;
• Being proactive with lubrication reservoirs, filtration systems and conditioning monitoring;
• Actively contribute to achieving maintenance targets including budget requirements; and
• Completion of all planned work within scheduled time frame.
The ideal application should have:
• A proactive approach to safety with a view to continuous improvement;
• A background of maintenance experience; (Trade background preferred);
• Demonstrated high level work ethic with ability to manage priority tasks;
• Knowledge of machinery lubrication fundamentals including an understanding of oil types and selections;
• Have a good knowledge for machinery abnormal operation;
• Excellent communication skills and computer literacy;
• Leadership skills and the ability to supervise;
• A Drivers license;
As part of the team, you will receive senior management support coupled with the opportunity to work with highly experienced professionals. You will be able to maximise value to continuing the investment we have in our most important asset, our people.
If you wish to find more about Newcrest go to www.newcrest.com.au, for more on Orange visit www.evocities.com.au/locations/orange and then if you are confident you have the skills, knowledge and experience required, please apply at www.newcrestcareers.com.au or via the button below.
Advertised: 14 May 2012 Aus. Eastern Standard Time
Closing date: 28 May 2012 11:55pm Aus. Eastern Standard Time
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
We value diversity of thought, style and working arrangements.
Newcrest Mining Limited does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies or Search firms and is not responsible for any related fees.