This job is no longer available
For a career rich in opportunities join Newcrest Mining Limited - a leading gold producer in Australia, the Pacific and Asia and one of the largest gold companies in the world Newcrest has a world class portfolio of operating mines across four countries and a global workforce of in excess of 16,000 people. We live our values daily in a high performing organisation, striving to achieve our vision to be the 'Miner of Choice' for our employees and contractors, the communities in which we operate and our shareholders.
Shift Coordinator - Power & Utilities
Newcrest's Lihir Island operation is located 900kms north-east of Port Moresby, in the New Ireland Province. The site is one of the world's largest gold mines and processing facilities, consisting of 3 linked open pits - Minifie, Lienetz and Kapit. We have a large team of over 4,000 people working in this significant operation.
Job No.: 796402
Work type: Permanent
Location: Lihir Operations - Lihir Island, PNG
Reporting to the Superintendent Power & Utilities, this role is a pivotal operational position and is accountable for coordinating key functions within the Power & Utilities team and with external stakeholders.
Key elements of the role include:
• Coordinate Power Station shift operational activities and ensure open lines of communication are engaged between Process Plant, Maintenance, Mining and Community to ensure delivery of reliable power generation to enable production targets to be met.
• Provide guidance and leadership to the Power Station shift crews to ensure power generation targets are delivered in a safe, effective and environmentally responsible, manner.
• Coordinate operational interface with Maintenance and Process Plant Operations to ensure optimum plant performance.
• Promote a culture of safety best practice in all areas of operations and assist in the continuous improvement of safety practices, processes and systems by contributing to and implementing new safety initiatives.
• Identify training and employee development activities.
• Implement, review and improve Job Safety Analyses (JSAs), Isolation Registration Sheets (IRSs) and Standard Operating Practices (SOPs).
• Identify potential areas of improvement in such areas as cost control and equipment performance.
• Extensive experience in a Heavy Fuel Oil Power Station (Land and/or Marine) with at least five years experience at a similar Supervisory level.
• Exposure to oil fired boilers, steam turbines and water treatment plants will be highly regarded as will prior overseas experience.
• An understanding of PNG culture and customs is an advantage.
• Demonstrated leadership/mentoring skills and the drive to effectively coordinate a large work group in a diverse and technically challenging remote environment.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience to be a success in this role then please apply now.
Advertised: 14 May 2012 West Pacific Standard Time
Closing date: 28 May 2012 11:55pm West Pacific Standard Time
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
We value diversity of thought, style and working arrangements.
Newcrest Mining Limited does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies or Search firms and is not responsible for any related fees.