This job is no longer available
Requisition ID: 35688
• Organization: OG&C
• Location: Gladstone, QLD
The Queensland Curtis LNG (QCLNG) Project is a grass roots 2 Train Liquefied Natural Gas Facility that will be constructed on Curtis Island, (near Gladstone) Australia on a camp status, fly in/fly out basis for non-local personnel. It will be performed using a combination of Direct Hire and Construction Management of experienced specialist Australian Subcontractors methods.
Bechtel is one of the world’s premier engineering, construction, and project management companies.
LNG is one of the fastest-growing segments of the energy market. Since the LNG industry’s birth some 40 years ago, Bechtel has built about a third of the world’s liquefaction capacity - more than any other contractor. Join Bechtel and help build the facilities for the energy of the future.
General Job Description
As part of the site construction team, the ISBL Instrumentation Supervisor is responsible for supervising and directing electrical and instrumentation construction activities within the ISBL area of the project. Reporting to the Instrumentation Area Superintendent, the Instrumentation Supervisor is responsible for ensuring scope of the associated Electrical and Instrumentation work is completed on schedule, within budget, and in compliance with the project safety standards, the project quality standards and the design/specifications.
Essential Job Duties
Automation scope includes the following:
- Process Control of plant
- Fire and Gas Detection System for the plant
- Power System Control and Monitoring
- Valve Automation systems and tubing installations
- Directs the activities and work sequences of direct hire personnel to ensure compliance with specifications and schedules
- Attends and leads weekly safety and toolbox meetings
- Adheres to and functions under the Bechtel Safety Plan
- Adheres to and functions under the Bechtel Standard Work Process Procedures (SWPP)
- Liaises with other construction team members and subcontractors to ensure interference between adjacent works is avoided
- Communicates with field engineering to ensure latest design documentation is available to subcontractors, including other outstanding technical information
- Coordinates with subcontractors to ensure works are prioritized to close-out punch list items as necessary
- Coordinates with field engineering to ensure relevant inspections, testing and quality documentation are completed for system handover
- Strong supervision experience including the ability to lead and manage change is desirable
- Minimum 5 years industrial direct hire
- Instrumentation experience
- Displays effective communications skills crucial to motivating team members and presenting plans in a clear and concise manner
- Strong experience of liaising with and coordinating contractors and vendors
- Excellent problem solving ability and experience at managing site safety and quality control
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).