This job is no longer available
For a career rich in opportunities join Newcrest Mining Limited - a leading gold producer in Australia, the Pacific and Asia and one of the largest gold companies in the world Newcrest has a world class portfolio of operating mines across four countries and a global workforce of in excess of 16,000 people. We live our values daily in a high performing organisation, striving to achieve our vision to be the 'Miner of Choice' for our employees and contractors, the communities in which we operate and our shareholders.
Coordinator Process Plant Operations
Newcrest's Lihir Island operation is located 900kms north-east of Port Moresby, in the New Ireland Province. The site is one of the world's largest gold mines and processing facilities, consisting of 3 linked open pits - Minifie, Lienetz and Kapit. We have a large team of over 4,000 people working in this significant operation.
Job No.: 818483
Work type: Permanent
Location: Lihir Operations - Lihir Island, PNG
• Outstanding 15/13 FIFO Roster to PNG Island
• World Class Operation
• Outstanding opportunity for growth and development
An exciting opportunity has been created for an experienced Coordinator Process Plant Operations for our gold mining operations at Lihir Island, Papua New Guinea.
This is a terrific opportunity for an experienced Coordinator to lead, control and plan the activities within the plant operation area in order to maximise short and long term gold production while ensuring safe conduct of operations.
In this role you will assist in leading the Operations Teams to ensure that all activities meet Newcrest's corporate objectives and business needs.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Provide supervision and leadership to a multinational team of employees and contractors as required to achieve safe performance of production targets, including prioritising daily tasks/schedules and ensuring work is undertaken in a effective and efficient manner.
• Prioritising the medium term functions of the team.
• Conducting training needs analysis in conjunction with the Training Section, and implementing development plans.
• Working with the site teams including maintenance, metallurgy and mining as required to optimize plant availability and mill blends.
• Assist the processing team as required to achieve objectives.
• Reporting on daily, weekly and monthly budgets, cost performances, forecasts and variances, including taking remedial action to ensure compliance.
• Maintaining a work group culture of continuous improvement in safety and environmental practices.
• Maintaining a safe working environment for all employees on site.
To be successful in this position you will possess the following key skills and attributes:
• A minimum of ten (10) years experience in mining or crushing/screening industry role, with five (5) years in a Supervisory position
• Extensive experience in gold processing / pressure oxidization plant processes.
• Advanced organisational, planning and time management skills.
• Strong team leadership skills with the ability to create a harmonious working environment and build a motivated and committed team.
• The ability and drive to lead a multi-national team in a technically challenging and geographically remote environment
• Project management experience
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and experience with SAP or Ellipse would be useful
• Experience with hazard identification and control systems
• Certificate IV in Training and Assessing would be advantageous
Opportunities like this do not come up often, and this is your chance to join a world class operation of Asia Pacific's largest gold miner. If you are interested in this exciting and challenging opportunity and are confident you have the skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil this role then please apply via the button below.
Advertised: 22 May 2012 West Pacific Standard Time
Closing date: 10 Jun 2012 11:55pm West Pacific Standard Time
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
We value diversity of thought, style and working arrangements.
Newcrest Mining Limited does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies or Search firms and is not responsible for any related fees.