This job is no longer available
Requisition ID: 39110
• Organization: M&M
• Location: Santiago
Independently performs complex professional engineering assignments in a global business unit design office or field location requiring the application of specialized and/or advanced quality assurance principles at the conceptual level. May direct personnel on special studies pertaining to quality assurance of a client project. May participate in the formulation and development of advanced engineering concepts associated with proposal development design or construction pertaining to quality assurance.
For salary grade determination, see Addendum.
A. Supervision Received
• Performs most assignments independently with instructions as to the general requirements.
• Receives operational supervision and technical direction from a quality supervisor or project quality manager.
B. Supervision Exercised
• Provides functional guidance to quality engineers who assist in performing specific assignments. Directs the work of quality engineers and others when assigned.
• Makes contact with project and staff personnel in engineering, procurement, construction, supplier quality, admin services, test, operations, decommissioning, project management, and others, as
required by assignments, to impart or obtain information. Also makes contact with client personnel when directed to impart and gather information.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Prepares quality assurance audit checklists and participates in quality assurance audits of corporate/project quality assurance program/plans including, as needed, pre-award assessments of potential vendors and subcontractors as a prospective lead auditor or a qualified lead auditor.
2. Monitors project engineering, environmental, procurement, construction, testing, operations, decommissioning and other activities related to the quality program/plan.
3. Reviews and monitors nonconforming conditions and associated corrective actions.
4. Reviews and reports on selected engineering and procurement documents to ensure the inclusion of applicable quality requirements.
5. Reviews and reports on project associated quality-related procedures and manuals for conformance to project quality assurance program/plan requirements.
6. Drafts quality assurance procedures for review, approval and issue in accordance with approved procedures.
7. Drafts revisions/amendments to the corporate and/or project quality assurance program/plans.
8. Reviews and reports on new or revised regulatory requirements and their impact on the established quality assurance program.
9. Reviews and comments on corporate/project quality control inspection plans.
10. Follows up on actions taken in response to audit findings to ensure adequacy of completed corrective actions.
11. Makes contact with designated client quality personnel.
12. Provides technical direction and assigns work to subordinate engineers and others who assist on specific assignments. Reviews and checks work.
13. Works with other project or staff personnel to develop corrective action plans which assist in the resolution of complex issues.
14. Provides input into the development of standardized metrics and responds to engineering, construction, procurement and others who request guidance on implementation of quality requirements.
• Technical knowledge in the application of engineering, environmental, procurement, construction, testing, or operations or decommissioning practices sufficient to comprehend specified engineering,
environmental, procurement, construction, testing, operations, decommissioning and regulatory requirements.
• Knowledge of the quality assurance principles and their application to engineering, environmental, procurement, construction, testing, operations or decommissioning.
• Knowledge of the application of corrective actions to nonconforming conditions.
• Knowledge of regulatory requirements and functions that impact the quality assurance program.
• Proficiency in oral and written communication.
• Proficiency in the use of computer applications including Microsoft software.
• Knowledge of Bechtel’s administrative practices.
This knowledge is normally acquired through one or a combination of the following:
• A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline or equivalent experience
• Specialized courses in engineering, quality or a specialized discipline
• Practical work experience in fields of engineering, environmental, procurement, construction, testing, operations, decommissioning or business administration
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).