This job is no longer available
Marine SAFETY REP (31287)
Requisition ID 31287 - Posted 01/24/2012 - Environmental, Safety & Health - Houston, TX - Oil, Gas & Chemicals
Requisition ID: 31287
• Organization: OG&C
• Location: Houston, TX
Integrates ES&H into off-shore, marine construction for the OG&C industry. Determines approaches to risk mitigation and defines requirements into proposals, planning documents, government documents, design specifications and criteria, construction plans and schedules, bid specifications, and subcontract packages for projects. Has technical responsibility for interpreting complex marine safety and health requirements, evaluating and applying appropriate safety engineering principles, and formulating scopes of work, plans, and methodologies suitable for achieving and maintaining compliance with ES&H requirements. Provides technical assistance to other safety professionals assigned to projects and other project functions.
Plans and coordinates work on medium- to large-sized projects or multiple smaller projects requiring independent judgment and experience in the application of scientific/safety engineering techniques and formulation of safety and health measures/plans to reduce potential adverse impacts. Typically possesses safety/health-related certifications from national/international accrediting organizations/associations.
• Provides assistance to project and construction management in im[plementing and complying with project ES&H requirements and in addressing safety/health and environmental issues as they arise during project execution.
• Participates in meetings with customer, project team memebers, and subcontractors to advise them of ES&H requirements that may affect project design, schedule and cost.
• Aligns customer and Bechtel ES&H programs
• Research and document regulatory requirements of project host –country.
• Develop ES&H Management Plan for Pre-FEED, FEED and EPCM stages
• Reviewes travel and logistic risks that may impact people, property or the environment and develops ES&H stragies and plans to mitigate risks
• Bachelor of Science degree in safety, engineering physical science or other safety-related field of study from an accredited institution of higher learning and a minimum of 8 years of experience in the Oil, Gas, & Chemical industry, or the Construction Industry with projects activities supporting the Oil, Gas & Chemical Off-shore Operations.
• Certification from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (CSP) or the Canadian Society of Safety Engineering as a CRSP, or NIBOSH certification is preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of rules, regulations and requirements related to off-shore oil and gas exploration and development.
• Previous off-shore, marine safety experience
• Working knowledge in ES&H Management Systems application and risk based accident prevention.
• Demonstrates expertise in written and oral communications in English
• Solid experience in all phases of safety management including written program development, environmental, health and safety audits, assessments, and implementation.
• Exceptional problem solver with strong interpersonal and negotiating skills
• Strong experience in developing Maritime ES&H Training curriculum to support the maritime operations
• Able to plan for emergencies to effectively respond to off-shore, maritime construction events such as the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill.
• Fall protection competent person
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.