This job is no longer available
Requisition ID: 33929
• Organization: OG&C
• Location: London
SENIOR CONTROL SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Plans and conducts independent work within a global business unit requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Devises new approaches to solving problems.
Working knowledge of precedents in the specialty area, the principles and practices of related technical areas and of coordinating work with other technical disciplines and functions.
Understands the standard engineering work planning, scheduling and cost estimating, and conducts independent work requiring judgment in the application of engineering techniques. Normally uses conventional approaches to technical problems encountered.
Provides technical direction and assigns work to engineers, designers, and drafters who assist on specific assignments.
Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters opennes, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation and satisfaction.
The Senior Control Systems Engineer will be responsible for working with the minimum of supervision in the design and specification of Control Systems and Instrumentation equipment for the Oil, Gas and Chemical Industries.
The Senior Control Systems Engineer will report to the Lead Control Systems Engineer and direct small teams of Control Systems Engineers and Designers and be responsible for planning, reporting and managing change control for the area of responsibility allocated.
The Senior Control Systems Engineer will be responsible for the design and specification of Control Systems in accordance with established National/International Codes and Standards and for producing the design documents for Control Systems and Instrumentation equipment.
Responsibilities will include:
• Control Systems Philosophies and Control Systems Studies
• Specifications for Process Control systems including DCS, ESD and F&G.
• Specifications for Control Valves, Analysers and Field Instrumentation
• Architectures for Process Control Systems
• Instrument indexes, Set Points schedules and I/O schedules using SmartPlant Instrumentation (SPI)
• Data sheets for field measurement instrumentation for Level, Temperature, Pressure and Flow applications, Analysers and Analyser Systems, Control Valves, ESD Valves, Motor Operated Valves and Relief Valves
• Calculations for Flowmeters, Control Valves, Relief Valves and Thermowells
• Preparing Instrument Level Coordination diagrams.
• Preparation of Material Requisitions, Technical Bid Tabulations and reviewing Vendor documentation for Process Control Systems, field instrumentation, valves and analysers
• Ensuring all designs meet with current regulations particularly relating to Safety Instrumented Systems.
• Selection of electrical instrumentation for use in hazardous areas.
• Attendance at HAZOP, SIL evaluations and development of P&IDs
• Masters or Honours degree in Control Systems, Electrical, Electronic or Mechanical Engineering
• Professional Engineer (Chartered Engineer, Fellow or equivalent)
• Office Automation (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access)
• SmartPlant Instrumentation (Index & Datasheets)
• Commercial software for sizing Control Valves, Relief Valves and Flowmeters
Opportunities for international travel.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).