This job is no longer available
Requisition ID: 29707
• Organization: OG&C
• Location: Bombay
This position is for an anticipated project award. The project location will be Navi Mumbai.
Bechtel is a global provider of engineering, construction and project management services with a reputation for excellence and innovative project delivery. Our history spans over 100 years and includes projects in over 140 countries.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
1. Responsible for the development and implementation of a (Sub)contract Management Program for the project consistent with the Standard Work Process Procedures and the Subcontract/Contract Management Manual.
2. Analyze the (sub)contract general terms and conditions to highlight areas of risk such as ambiguities, conflicts or deviations from the scope of work. As work proceeds, make recommendations to the Site Manager on the mitigation of these risks; closely monitor and support remedial actions and recommend appropriate tradeoffs.
3. Responsible for the development and management of appropriate mechanisms to monitor compliance with (sub)contract terms and conditions.
4. Responsible for working with the other Project Team members to ensure that Bechtel or customer related actions or inactions which could result in constructive (sub)contract changes are identified and make recommendations on their resolution.
5. Responsible for the development and management of a procedure to recognize and identify (sub)contract claims as they develop and manage the timely resolution under the changes provisions wherever possible, obtaining claims and legal expertise as appropriate.
6. Maintain a working relationship with Construction, Engineering, Procurement, Legal and Risk Management to facilitate organizational interfaces between those performing (sub)contract administration.
7. Provide Site Manager with reviews and analysis of the (sub)contract financial data.
-Demonstrated leadership and teamwork capabilities suitable for working effectively in a matrix organization and leading a workforce comprised of many nationalities and backgrounds.
-Degree in Business, Quantity Surveying, Law, Engineering, Construction Management or Cost Engineering or equivalent experience.
-Experience in pricing, contracts law, contract drafting, administration and negotiation of change orders, effective correspondence, planning and scheduling.
-Proficiency in the formation and administration of prime contracts, or Proficiency in the formation and administration of (sub)contracts through the several steps of bidder pre-qualification, compilation of bid requests, receipt of bids, bid evaluation, award, monitoring the performance of contractors, back charge procedures, resolution of claims and disputes, and other such related steps.
-Direct experience in managing workload distribution and execution of the work, as well as personnel interviewing, selection, salary planning, classification changes, performance evaluation, career counseling, transfers and terminations.
-Demonstrated capability to prepare and make effective presentations to Customers, line managers, Project Managers and project teams.
• BS Degree in Business, Engineering, Construction Management equivalent work Experience.
• Contract Formation and Administration experience including processing of Change Orders, Amendments and Claims
• Strong skills in handing contractor correspondence and letter writing
• Basic knowledge of procurement regulations, policies and practices. Experience in developing contract types, fee arrangements and contract terms
• Excellent interpersonal skills to interface with project team and management
• Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
• Degree in Business, Quantity Surveying, Law, Engineering, Construction Management or Cost Engineering desirable.
• Experience in developing and recommending potential solutions to contractual problems to management.
• Advance Contract Coordination and Subcontract Administration Skills Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).