This job is no longer available
Requisition ID: 28854
Overall Purpose of the Job :
· To manage teams of Design Engineers to deliver fit for purpose engineering solutions to designated timescales and budgets, ensuring minimum rework following checking whilst ensuring we exceed customer expectations.
· Undertake activities in addition to the job description as designated by line management
· Meet objectives as designated.
Knowledge & Understanding
· Sound theoretical & practical knowledge; able to apply current technologies to new applications
· Develops solutions but requires guidance from others with difficult problems
· Requires guidance in assessing alternative solutions to identify the fit for purpose option
· Can select from current ideas and contributes to innovation
· Has good all round experience and can manage single discipline activities
· Analyses issues logically and selects solution when faced with several options
· Achieves beyond set tasks when asked
· Allocates tasks, checks achievement against expectations & gives constructive feedback
Leadership & Management
· Ensures cost-effective use of resources to achieve commercial objectives
· Analyses, monitors and controls expenditure to ensure team achieve financial targets
· Assesses and reacts quickly to customer needs and resolves their concerns
· Schedules own project/task & controls resources to meet budget and time
· Allows team members freedom to act on own tasks providing advice, support if required
Communications & Interpersonal Skills
· Establishes effective communications links with internal & external customers to avoid misunderstandings
· Consults and briefs others regularly, ensuring full understanding is achieved
· Prepares own case, emphasises the facts to win over others
· Improves others competence by coaching and identifying/ implementing training
· Suggests improvements to existing systems & procedures
· Assesses Environment, Health & Safety risks to identify and remove the causes of potential hazards
· Is able to identify and work to appropriate standards in unusual applications
· Actively improving skills to enable career progression
· Responds to change positively, implementing required changes pro-actively
· HNC minimum, plus relevant technical experience
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).