This job is no longer available
Morobe Mining Joint Ventures (MMJV) have been formed as a partnership between Harmony Gold and Newcrest Mining to explore and develop mines in the Morobe Province of Papua New Guinea (PNG). We are currently operating the Hidden Valley Mine, which will process 4.2Mtpa of ore to obtain 350,000 gold equivalent ounces per annum and have entered into a Pre-feasibility study on the Wafi Golpu gold and copper deposits. Wafi Golpu is an exciting project with a current resource of 644M, for 16Moz gold and 4.8Mt copper and is likely to become one of the worlds largest copper and gold mines. Our other exploration programs cover tracts of some of the most prospective areas of Morobe Province and are yielding exciting results from which we intend to establish a platform for growth in the Joint Venture.
Technical Advisor - Instrumentation
Job No.: 821133
Work type: Permanent
Location: Morobe Mining Joint Venture Hidden Valley Operation - PNG
Reporting to the Control & Instrumentation Foreman, Hidden Valley, the purpose of this position is to safely perform installation and maintenance of all instrumentation equipment and also the development of national personnel associated with the control and instrumentation department.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
• Perform process control and instrument maintenance and repairs
• Identify and report unsafe or defective tooling to Supervisor and provide informative handovers to Supervisor or other trades persons
• Ensure all OH&S policies and procedures are followed including wearing appropriate PPE and maintaining a clean, tidy and safe work area
• Evaluate equipment damage and assess the extent of repairs required
• Report all accidents and incidents to your immediate supervisor
• Stand in as Supervisor as required and run shift in an efficient manner as required
• Capable of locating, reading and understanding repair procedures, technical data and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
• Provide accurate and concise written feedback on work orders as regards hours of work, work performed, parts used and status of job or equipment condition.
• Ensure all tooling is properly maintained and returned to proper storage locations on completion of tasks
• Proactively mentor and coach subordinates and identify areas of individual development
• Provide training and coaching to National employees in accordance with the company's Training and Localisation Plan
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required:
• Minimum of 10 years experience in relative technical area with Instrumentation Trade qualifications; Electrical Trade an advantage, but not essential
• Minimum of 5 years experience in the mining, construction or heavy industrial environment
• Demonstrated experience with the coaching training of others
• Ability to work unsupervised with sound planning and organisational skills
• Sound communication and technical skills
• An appreciation for PNG culture and the ability to speak or learn Tok Pisin would be an advantage
• High safety focus
This is FIFO to PNG on a 16/12 roster.
If you have the skills, knowledge and experience required to fulfil this role then please apply via the link below.
Advertised: 4 Jun 2012 West Pacific Standard Time
Closing date: 24 Jun 2012 7:00pm West Pacific Standard Time
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
We value diversity of thought, style and working arrangements.
Newcrest Mining Limited does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies or Search firms and is not responsible for any related fees.