This job is no longer available
For a career rich in opportunities join Newcrest Mining Limited - a leading gold producer in Australia, the Pacific and Asia and one of the largest gold companies in the world Newcrest has a world class portfolio of operating mines across four countries and a global workforce of in excess of 16,000 people. We live our values daily in a high performing organisation, striving to achieve our vision to be the 'Miner of Choice' for our employees and contractors, the communities in which we operate and our shareholders.
Coordinator - Fleet Maintenance Services
Newcrest's Lihir Island operation is located 900kms north-east of Port Moresby, in the New Ireland Province. The site is one of the world's largest gold mines and processing facilities, consisting of 3 linked open pits - Minifie, Lienetz and Kapit. We have a large team of over 4,000 people working in this significant operation.
Job No.: 822101
Work type: Permanent
Location: Lihir Operations - Lihir Island, PNG
Reporting directly to the Superintendent - Fleet Maintenance Services, you will be responsible for coordinating a team of Supervisors, Tradesmen, Trades Assistants and support staff. Your role will be to oversee the preventative maintenance and servicing of a wide range of mining support areas including;
• Tyres, ropes and mats
• Re-fuel and oil facilities
• Workshop and field servicing on all mobile equipment
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Coordinate the Support Services Maintenance Team to ensure timely execution of maintenance;
• Ensure effective communication to the Superintendent and throughout the Fleet Maintenance and Production Departments;
• Support and contribute to the departmental safety plan, promote and implement safe operating procedures;
• Assist in the creation of and reporting on section budgets;
• Identify, promote and drive strategies for continuous improvement in maintenance practices and processes;
• Oversee the identification of root causes of failures and implement technical and/or process improvements to eliminate those causes;
• Review variances between actual and planned work - Identify root causes for variances then create strategies to eliminate these causes in the future;
• Advise and mentor all Support Services Maintenance Personnel and assist them in their individual roles. Promote training and career development and assist in the creation, implementation and maintenance of personnel succession plans;
• Liaise with Mine Production, Maintenance Planning and Supply sections to ensure strong continuity and consistency in maintenance scheduling;
We are seeking:
• Trade Qualifications in mobile mechancial maintenance or similar.
• Significant experience in a heavy vehicle maintenance environment at Senior Supervisor or Superintendent level;
• Sound knowledge of tyres/wheel management and fuel and oil handling and storage processes
• Experience with Ellipse or other CMMS;
• Proven analytical and problem solving skills together with an aptitude to solve technical difficulties;
• Well-developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; and
• Demonstrated leadership skills and the initiative and drive to effectively supervise a maintenance work group in a technically challenging maintenance environment.
Attractive 15/13 FIFO roster from your point of hire;
Competitive salary + industry leading terms and conditions;
Opportunity to really make a difference and leave a legacy; and
Interesting and challenging work + career progression.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience to be a success in this role then please apply now via the button below
Advertised: 5 Jun 2012 West Pacific Standard Time
Closing date: 30 Jun 2012 11:55pm West Pacific Standard Time
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
We value diversity of thought, style and working arrangements.
Newcrest Mining Limited does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies or Search firms and is not responsible for any related fees.