This job is no longer available
For a career rich in opportunities join Newcrest Mining Limited - a leading gold producer in Australia, the Pacific and Asia and one of the largest gold companies in the world Newcrest has a world class portfolio of operating mines across four countries and a global workforce of in excess of 16,000 people. We live our values daily in a high performing organisation, striving to achieve our vision to be the 'Miner of Choice' for our employees and contractors, the communities in which we operate and our shareholders.
Coordinator - In Pit Maintenance (shovels/Drills)
Newcrest's Lihir Island operation is located 900kms north-east of Port Moresby, in the New Ireland Province. The site is one of the world's largest gold mines and processing facilities, consisting of 3 linked open pits - Minifie, Lienetz and Kapit. We have a large team of over 4,000 people working in this significant operation.
Job No.: 822103
Work type: Permanent
Location: Lihir Operations - Lihir Island, PNG
Reporting directly to the Superintendent - Field Maintenance, this position is required to effectively coordinate, supervise and delegate authority and responsibilities to Supervisors and reporting staff.
Leading the Shovel and Drill maintenance team you would be responsible for ensuring that preventative maintenance and repairs to a wide range of equipment is carried out in order to achieve maximum equipment availability and reliability.
Your key responsibilities include (But not limited to):
• Co-ordinate the Maintenance Team to ensure timely execution of maintenance;
• Ensure effective communication to the Superintendent and throughout the Fleet Maintenance Department;
• Support and contribute to the departmental safety plan, promote and implement safe operating procedures;
• Identify, promote and drive strategies for continuous improvement in maintenance practices and processes;
• Advise and mentor Maintenance Supervisors and assist them in their individual roles.
• Promote training and career development and assist in the creation, implementation and maintenance of personnel succession plans;
• Liaise with Mine Production, Maintenance Planning and Supply sections to ensure strong continuity and consistency in maintenance scheduling;
We are seeking:
• Trade Qualifications in heavy equipment maintenance
• Significant experience in a Supervisor position
• Experience with front line management
• Well-developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; and
• Demonstrated leadership skills and the initiative and drive to effectively supervise a maintenance work group in a technically challenging maintenance environment.
• Attractive 15/13 FIFO roster from your point of hire;
• Competitive salary + industry leading terms and conditions;
• Opportunity to really make a difference and leave a legacy; and
• Interesting and challenging work + career progression.
If you are confident you have the skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil this role then please apply now via the link below.
Advertised: 5 Jun 2012 West Pacific Standard Time
Closing date: 19 Jun 2012 11:55pm West Pacific Standard Time
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
We value diversity of thought, style and working arrangements.
Newcrest Mining Limited does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies or Search firms and is not responsible for any related fees.