This job is no longer available
For a career rich in opportunities join Newcrest Mining Limited - a leading gold producer in Australia, the Pacific and Asia and one of the largest gold companies in the world Newcrest has a world class portfolio of operating mines across four countries and a global workforce of in excess of 16,000 people. We live our values daily in a high performing organisation, striving to achieve our vision to be the 'Miner of Choice' for our employees and contractors, the communities in which we operate and our shareholders.
Coordinator Truck Fleet Maintenance
Newcrest's Lihir Island operation is located 900kms north-east of Port Moresby, in the New Ireland Province. The site is one of the world's largest gold mines and processing facilities, consisting of 3 linked open pits - Minifie, Lienetz and Kapit. We have a large team of over 4,000 people working in this significant operation.
Job No.: 822098
Work type: Permanent
Location: Lihir Operations - Lihir Island, PNG
Reporting to the Superintendent - Mobile Equipment Maintenance, your primary role is to safely oversee the Truck Fleet Maintenance Section in delivering maintenance activities and services for a large fleet of Caterpillar mining trucks.
Your key responsibilities would include:
• Participating in and providing coaching and mentoring for Supervisors with regards to the development and execution of weekly schedules
• Developing and implementing a maintenance schedule for mobile equipment.
• Creating and working to budget and forecast, as well as reporting on any variances for the truck fleet
• Fostering a culture of continuous improvement in the section by encouraging and providing input processes to Superintendent's and subordinates, and actively driving all continuous improvement projects within the area
• Providing leadership and mentoring for area Supervisors, including ongoing training and development, performance management, conflict resolution and crisis management
• Overseeing the maintenance activities for the large Caterpillar truck fleet by providing technical advice and direction to the Supervisors and crews
• Setting and implementing daily maintenance activities and monitoring outcome of maintenance activities and services
• Providing technical advice for existing fleet, development projects, fault finding and failure analysis
To be successful in this position you will possess the following key skills and attributes:
• Trade qualification in heavy equipment maintenance or related field
• Prior experience in coordinating the maintenance activities for mining truck fleets
• Certificate IV in Front Line Management or similar
• Proven ability to develop, mentor and coach
• Strong problem solving, planning and influencing skills
• Well developed and effective communication skills, both oral and written
If you are confident you have the skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil this role then please apply now via the link below
Advertised: 5 Jun 2012 West Pacific Standard Time
Closing date: 30 Jun 2012 11:55pm West Pacific Standard Time
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
We value diversity of thought, style and working arrangements.
Newcrest Mining Limited does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies or Search firms and is not responsible for any related fees.