This job is no longer available
Process Systems Engineer (33322)
Requisition ID 33322 - Posted 05/17/2012 - Engineering - Houston, TX - Oil, Gas & Chemicals
Requisition ID: 33322
• Organization: OG&C
• Location: Houston, TX
1. Must Have P&ID Development, Hydraulic Calculations, and Pump sizing experience.
2. Must have 4-6 years of experience.
3. Performs work using Bechtel Standard Application Programs (BSAPs) and appropriate 2-D and 3-D computer aided design and computer aided engineering (CAD and CAE) tools.
4. Plans, coordinates or prepares equipment or work specifications, bid evaluations and award recommendations for equipment.
5. Coordinates engineering efforts in assigned areas between specialty and other engineering groups or disciplines, with the client, suppliers, and contractors and between other groups.
6. When delegated, assumes a lead technical role over other engineers or project subgroups for completing specific tasks.
7. Assists in on-the-job-training of assigned personnel and provides input for their performance evaluations.
8. Prepares letters to vendors and clients.
9. Reviews bid analyses and makes recommendation.
10. Prepares or assists in preparation of conceptual studies, designs, reports or proposals.
11. Performs or assists in the performance of problem analysis and original design.
12. Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of cost estimates, quantity take-offs and staffing requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
13. Reviews and checks work of subordinate engineers.
14. Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
15. Also, working knowledge of precedents in the specialty area, the principles and practices of related technical areas and of coordinating work with other technical disciplines.
16. Understands the standard engineering work planning, scheduling and cost estimating, and conducts independent work requiring judgment in the application of engineering techniques. Normally uses conventional approaches to technical problems encountered.
17. Provides technical direction and assigns work to engineers, designers, and drafters who assist on specific assignments.
1. Must have 4-6 years of experience.
2. Require hydraulic calcs, pump sizing and heavy P&ID development
3. Thorough knowledge of discipline engineering techniques, the design of engineered systems, and engineering and design calculations.
4. Understands the application of Engineering Department Procedures, relevant Bechtel design guides.
5. Broad knowledge of the application of engineering to plant constructability as applied to construction methods and materials.
6. Knowledge of current computer applications for engineering and design including appropriate knowledge of CAD (both 2-D and 3-D), CAE and relevant Bechtel Standard Computer Applications to perform the work.
7. Understanding of engineering planning and control methods including computerized methods.
8. Understanding of the roles played by other departments on projects including basic construction practices and the economics involved.
9. Understanding of industry or regulatory codes and standards and design criteria pertinent to the particular engineering discipline.
10. Skill in oral and written communication.
11. The above is normally acquired through:
12. A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline from an accredited college or university, OR A professional license in an appropriate engineering discipline from a recognized licensing board, OR
13. Sufficient number of specialized courses in relevant general engineering or appropriate engineering disciplines to meet job requirements, AND Practical work experience in design engineering or relevant equivalent experience in allied types of engineering sufficient to demonstrate competence as a trained engineer.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.