This job is no longer available
Application Systems Lead (33773)
Requisition ID 33773 - Posted 05/22/2012 - Information Systems & Technology - Reston, VA - Corporate & Shared Services
Requisition ID: 33773
• Organization: Svc - IS&T
• Location: Reston, VA
Bechtel is seeking an Application Systems Lead to work in the Global Support Organization – Application Services Group of the Corporate Information Systems and Technology department. The position will lead teams and manage processes for information systems and technologies deployed globally for the Bechtel Group of businesses. This is an opportunity to work in a demanding environment consisting of leading edge systems and technologies, global enterprise-wide deployments, from private/public cloud computing to mobile applications.
Initially, this position will be located in our Frederick, MD campus, and will be relocated to Reston, Virginia in June 2012.
The Application Systems Lead will be responsible for two areas of focus:
1) Escalation and triage. Develop and implement triage and escalation processes to handle the ongoing and/or persistent information systems and information technology issues which impact performance, availability, and operations of our systems which require extensive cross-organizational coordination to mitigate and resolve. Prioritize issues, organize resources, status stakeholders, provide root cause analysis reports and facilitate the collaborative triage/escalation process among ad hoc teams to resolve significant issues in a timely manner.
2) Process automation. Provide Program Management for automation and systems supporting the GSO and new processes. Define the requirements and manage the implementation of process automation support and operations. Ensure incorporation of best practices and adherence to Bechtel’s information systems and technology department procedures and processes.
Specific duties and responsibilities will include the following:
• Develop and lead the implementation of Bechtel Information Systems and Technology triage and escalation processes
• Foster a collaborative environment to ensure processes and interfaces between Bechtel IS&T groups, application owners, and application support personnel are efficient and streamlined
• Coordinate with appropriate teams to identify and address incidents and ensure the triage process is effective
• Facilitate specific triage efforts
• Develop and issue an incident communication plan for affected groups/customers
• Ensure appropriate communications are regularly provided to all impacted stakeholders
• Ensure lessons learned are captured, documented, distributed, and incorporated into procedures and processes, as appropriate
• Define the requirements and strategic roadmap for the implementation of IT’s process automation tools
• Communicate the implementation and marketing plan for the adoption of the new tool and process, and subsequent improvements/changes
• Identify, review and optimize provisioning and delivery, front (customer facing) and back end (Internal processes with a view to implementing into the process automation tool
• Ensure consolidated provisioning and delivery processes and tools are adopted and adhered to across the Organization
• Ensure appropriate stakeholders have sufficient product training
• Manage ongoing workflow improvements/changes to the provisioning and delivery processes within the tool
• This position requires periodic work during off hours/days outside the normal working hours/days at Bechtel. Flexibility and willingness to work as and when required in addition to the normal working hours is essential.
• BS degree in Information Systems, Engineering, Business Administration, Science,or other related field of study
• A minimum of ten years of information technology experience with:
o At least combined total seven years of experience in two or more of the following: Application Support, IT Infrastructure/network design/engineering/operations, IT Project/Program Management
o At least 4 years of experience managing a technical team
• Trained in one or more Project Management or Quality methods such as PMI-PMP, PRINCE2, ITIL, or Six Sigma
Additional Qualifications/ Information:
• Strong leadership, customer service, and communication skills both verbal and written
• Broad knoweldege and firm grasp of information infrastructure technologies with ability to quickly understand and apply new concepts and technologies
• Prior expereince dedicated to leading teams in significant enterprise wide IS&T triage efforts is preferred
• Ability to understand and lead a multi-discipline team in problem identification and resolution
• Experience in defining and implementing new front and back end processes
• Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multilpe tasks and large amounts of information
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and coordinate activities across functional and organizational boundaries with virtual organizations through influence and virtual teams
• Must be able to act independently and take a proactive approach to tasks
• Intermediate skills with Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, Outlook, Project and Powerpoint, and Sharepoint
• Six Sigma GreenBelt equivalent or higher certification preferred
• PRINCE2 or PMI-PMP or ITIL certification are desireable
• Technical certifications: MCITP/MCTS, CCNA, MCSE/MCSA, CISSP are highly desireable
• Certification or significant expertise within the following subject matters are desireable: Microsoft Windows operating systems, Networks, XenServer, XenApp, VMWare, LINUX, IIS, and TOMCAT
• Experience managing a team providing application deployment and support is desireable
• Experience in managing triage teams and developing new processes in a collabortive environment is preferred
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.