This job is no longer available
Requisition ID: 41329
• Organization: M&M
• Location: Las Bambas Site
Develops and implements the safety management program on an assigned project. Provides technical oversight of the project’s safety/health compliance activities through identification and integration of applicable requirements into project designs, subcontract bid specifications, construction plans and schedules and other field execution activities. Works directly with other project-level functional leads (e.g., engineering, construction, subcontracts, procurement, project controls, document controls) to assist them in integrating and/or addressing the applicable safety/health requirements in their work products and activities. Coordinates with the global business unit-assigned Safety Services Manager regarding significant project safety/health issues and safety support needs.
A. Supervision Received
• Receives technical and administrative supervision and work assignments from the project ES&H Manager, Project Manager, Construction/Site Manager or the GBU Safety Services Manager/GBU ES&H
Manager. Functionally reports to the corporate Manager of Safety Services.
B. Supervision Exercised
• Supervises project-assigned safety/health personnel in the office and/or field and provides technical oversight and direction to safety/health specialty subcontractors.
• Maintains relationships with project management, construction management and other project-level functional groups (e.g., engineering, subcontracts, procurement, project controls, document controls)
to help identify and coordinate integration of project-specific safety/health requirements, design specifications, construction plans and schedules, subcontractor bid packages, and procurement requisitions.
• Maintains contact, as appropriate, with government regulatory and resource agencies to obtain current information on new regulations, program initiatives, and technical requirements and standards.
• Maintains contact with other safety/health personnel to solicit assistance and to keep them informed of changing requirements.
• Maintains contact with customer safety/health representatives to exchange information on project safety management issues, regulatory interpretations and to support ongoing project safety/health efforts.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Develops and implements the project-level safety management program.
2. Provides assistance to project and construction management in implementing and complying with project safety requirements and in addressing safety/health issues as they arise during project execution.
3. Coordinates with and provides technical assistance to other project-assigned functional leads (e.g., engineering, subcontracts, procurement, project controls) with regards to compliance with project-specific safety/health requirements.
4. Participates in meetings with customers, project team members, and contractors/subcontractors to advise them of safety requirements that may affect project design, schedule, and cost.
5. Provides technical support and assistance directly to construction supervision and subcontractors in planning and executing field activities in accordance with the project safety requirements.
6. Drafts comprehensive project ES&H plan, safety and health specific plans, project specific mitigation plans, safety and health awareness training programs, and technical and regulatory reports.
7. Conducts safety assessments/inspections of project construction activities to monitor compliance with safety/health requirements including contractual commitments, laws and regulations, and the project’s ES&H plan.
8. Implements personnel policies (e.g., conducts employee performance evaluations) and provides technical direction to staff.
• Advanced knowledge in a field of science, safety/industrial engineering, or related discipline.
• Knowledge of safety programs/engineering systems, principles, and methodologies.
• Knowledge of national and international safety laws/regulations and regulatory agencies’ regulatory requirements and responsibilities, industry standards/current practices for safety/health, and best
management practices for minimizing potential safety/health risks during project execution.
• Knowledge of engineering and construction systems, methods, and work processes.
• Knowledge of construction planning, estimating, procedures, and execution.
• Experience in managing and/or providing technical oversight of safety/health subcontractors or consultants.
• Experience in safety/health assessments/inspection during construction.
• Knowledge of hazardous materials and physical risks and the mechanisms to mitigate them.
• Knowledge of Bechtel’s organization structure, functions, and administrative procedures.
• Skilled in oral and written communication.
• Knowledge of Bechtel standard computer applications/
• Bachelor of Science degree in life sciences (e.g., biology, public health) or physical sciences (e.g., physics, chemistry), or safety/industrial engineering from an accredited college or university or equivalent
• Prior practical work experience in office settings (e.g., managing safety/health programs, budgets and staff) and field locations (e.g., construction execution and/or operating facilities) performing the
responsibilities listed above.
Performs and supervises work in the safety/health field on a small- to medium-sized project which requires knowledge of and demonstrated ability in safety engineering concepts. Requires knowledge of administrative practices.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).