This job is no longer available
Requisition ID: 41331
• Organization: M&M
• Location: Las Bambas Site
Assists in the integration of specialized safety requirements into the planning, permitting, design, and construction of Bechtel projects. Interprets specialized requirements, evaluates and applies specialized scientific principles, and formulates scopes of work, plans, and methodologies suitable for achieving the desired objectives. Provides technical assistance to other Safety Services Specialists/Engineers. May be assigned as a safety lead or safety coordinator/inspector.
A. Supervision Received
• Receives technical and administrative supervision from the Manager of Safety Services, Safety Services Manager, Principal Safety Specialist/Engineer, or supervisory Senior Safety Specialist/Engineer. If
assigned full-time on a project, receives supervision and work assignments from the Project Safety Services Supervisor or Project ES&H Manager.
B. Supervision Exercised
• Maintains relationships with internal organizations (e.g., engineering, construction, and subcontracts), customer, and contractor/subcontractor representatives to coordinate technical/scientific issues and
implementation of safety functions into project proposals, designs, and construction plans.
• Maintains contact, as appropriate, with government regulatory and resource agencies to obtain current information on new regulations, program initiatives, and technical requirements and standards.
• Maintains contact with other safety personnel (e.g., project safety lead) to keep them informed of changing requirements and to provide technical assistance.
• Maintains contact with professional colleagues and organizations in government and industry to keep abreast of advancements in the discipline field (e.g., energy isolation, lockout/tagout, personal
protective equipment, risk assessment, working at heights, People Based Safety).
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Provides technical support to safety studies and assessments and other applicable safety and health reviews.
2. Provides specialized safety input to engineering, construction, and subcontracts, thus ensuring that safety requirements are properly integrated into project planning, design criteria, construction plans and specifications and subcontracts.
3. Participates in meetings, as required, with customers, project team members, and contractors/subcontractors to advise them of specialized safety and health requirements that may affect project design, construction schedule, and cost.
4. Assists in drafting ES&H Plans, project specific safety procedures, project specific implementation plans (e.g., evacuation plans, safety training plans and programs, People Based Safety), and technical reports.
5. Conducts safety inspections of project construction activities to monitor compliance with safety requirements including contractual commitments, permits, the project’s ES&H plan, and other applicable safety plans.
6. May be assigned as an assistant project safety lead or safety coordinator/inspector on a small project.
• Specialized knowledge in a safety specialty (e.g., Personal Protective Equipment, lockout/tagout, fall protection, excavation, People Based Safety) or engineering (e.g., civil, process safety, mechanical) or
• Knowledge of safety management, monitoring programs, principles, and methodologies.
• Knowledge of safety and health laws and regulations and applicable agencies’ permitting processes and responsibilities.
• Knowledge of engineering, construction, and subcontract work processes.
• Skilled in oral and written communication and knowledge of computer applications.
• Bachelor of Science degree in a specialized scientific field (e.g., safety, industrial engineering, public health) or process/mechanical engineering and/or some practical work experience in the discipline
performing the responsibilities listed above.
Plans and coordinates work requiring independent judgment and experience in the application of standard, specialized safety techniques and formulation of safety procedures and/or plans to reduce potential identified safety hazards. Prepares safety reports and reviews reports drafted by others. Experience in safety compliance inspection/assessment during construction.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).