This job is no longer available
Requisition ID: 41257
• Organization: M&M
• Location: Las Bambas Site
Administers large moderately complex (sub)contracts. Maintains a continuing review of the progress of each (sub)contract and provides management with information regarding any financial, legal or technical difficulties. Prepares change order and amendments, negotiates with (sub)contractors and customers to obtain settlement.
A. Supervision Received
• Reports directly to the (Sub)contracts or Site Manager.
• Receives technical and functional guidance from the (Sub)contract Administration Manager.
A. Supervision Exercised
• May provide operational supervision to Sub)contract Specialist(s) and/or other (Sub)contract Administrators.
• Maintains internal contacts with managers and supervisors and participates in negotiations with customers.
EFFECTIVE JOB DUTIES
1. Implement the Division Responsibilities Matrix which records the Project’s agreed assignment of various (sub)contract management tasks and the Standard Work Process Procedures applicable to (Sub)Contract Administration.
2. Administers assigned (sub)contracts maintaining a continual review of progress and providing management with information regarding projected financial or technical difficulties.
3. Coordinates with designated staff on operational activities affecting contractual rights and obligations, (sub)contract performance, (sub)contract administration and other major matters.
4. Administers moderately complex contract changes by negotiating with customer personnel and obtaining settlement.
5. Represents Bechtel in contractual discussions of moderate complexity.
6. Administers information programs to ensure mutual understanding of (sub)contract terms and conditions.
7. Prepares periodic status reports for management.
Basic knowledge of procurement regulations, policies and practices.
Specialized courses or experience in pricing, contract law, negotiations and accounting.
Working knowledge of engineering/construction industry contracting practices and Bechtel policies, procedures and work practices.
Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
Experience in developing contract types, fee arrangements and contract terms.
Experience in developing and recommending potential solutions to contractual problems to management.
Administers complex (sub)contracts. Extensive knowledge and experience in (sub)contract administration required. Represents Bechtel in (sub)contract negotiations.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).