This job is no longer available
For a career rich in opportunities join Newcrest Mining Limited - a leading gold producer in Australia, the Pacific and Asia and one of the largest gold companies in the world Newcrest has a world class portfolio of operating mines across four countries and a global workforce of in excess of 16,000 people. We live our values daily in a high performing organisation, striving to achieve our vision to be the 'Miner of Choice' for our employees and contractors, the communities in which we operate and our shareholders.
Coordinator - Apprentices
Cadia Valley Operations offers a rare opportunity to enjoy the lifestyle benefits of a rural mining community located 25kms from Orange and 3.5 hours west of Sydney. Leading the way in underground and open pit mining methods, our Cadia Valley operation's are one of the largest gold-copper mines in the country. The recently approved Cadia East project is set to become one of the largest underground mines in the world.
Job No.: 822973
Work type: Permanent
Location: Cadia Valley Operations, Orange NSW
Newcrest Mining Limited is currently seeking to engage an experienced and professional Apprentice Coordinator to join the Newcrest Apprentice team located in Orange. This position reports to the Apprentice Master and is responsible for Supervising and developing a large number of apprentices on site as well as liaising with key stakeholders to ensure success of the program in addressing identified skill shortages. As the Apprentice Coordinator you will support Newcrest's Operating Framework and a Target Zero approach to Safety.
• Actively supporting Apprentices in the workplace and ensuring prescribed training is received.
• Mange relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including Tafe, AAC's, RTO's and DET to provide advice and support to Apprentices.
• Establish and monitor technical systems.
• Preparation of strategic action plans and monitoring performance against plans.
• Plan and allocate resource requirements and scheduling work.
• Application of OH&S requirements to Apprentices in the Mining Industry.
• Comply with all legislative requirements, such as completion of Skills Tracker worksheets and TAFE attendance in an accurate and timely fashion
• Support the Apprentice Master in community development activities including attendance at expos and school visits.
The ideal application should have:
• Trade qualification
• Cert IV Workplace Training and Assessing
• Exposure to the TAFE/VET system
• An understanding of the Australian Apprenticeship system
• Cert IV Frontline Management
• High level computing skills
• High level communication skills
You will have a demonstrated ability to network and to engage a diverse group, as well as the ability to coach, support and develop capabilities of apprentices to build their skills and knowledge. Strong organisational skills, computer competency and ability to work as part of a team are essential to be successful in the role.
As part of the leadership team, you will receive senior management support coupled with the opportunity to work with highly experienced professionals. You will be able to maximise value whilst providing the leadership to continuing the investment we have in our most important asset, our people.
If you wish to find more about Newcrest go to www.newcrest.com.au, for more on Orange visit www.evocities.com.au/locations/orange and then if you are confident you have the skills, knowledge and experience required, please apply at www.newcrestcareers.com.au or via the button below.
Advertised: 8 Jun 2012 Aus. Eastern Standard Time
Closing date: 30 Jun 2012 7:00pm Aus. Eastern Standard Time
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
We value diversity of thought, style and working arrangements.
Newcrest Mining Limited does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies or Search firms and is not responsible for any related fees.