Operations Manager QLD - Blasting
This job has now expired
OPERATIONS MANAGER QLD - BLASTING
As a market leader in infrastructure and engineering services, Downer understands and recognises the contribution employees make to the success of our business.
Unearth your full potential with Downer's Mining division - a business where there's room to grow, diverse opportunities and a team that will support your journey.
Job No.: 501064
Our Blasting Services business group is a leading explosive manufacturer and provider of high quality blasting and technical services. Join a dynamic, fast growing company and make your mark in delivering the company's unique product and service offering to the blue chip mining industry clients.
Downer Mining - Blasting Services is seeking an experienced Operations Manager to join our team based at Brisbane Head Office.
Under the leadership of the General Manager Operations, you will be instrumental in providing strategic leadership to grow the business and achieve maximum return to the company.
Specifically, the role accountabilities include :
• Mentor, develop and support Area Managers and personnel within the Queensland region
• Manage overall workforce planning forecast and succession planning objectives for the Queensland region
• Meeting overall budget, contractual commitments and financial obligations for the Queensland region
• Effectively manage equipment, material and plant for the Queensland region
• Extensive experience in Drill and Blast contract management
• Exceptional demonstrated people leadership skills
• Successful experience in developing strong long term strategic client and people focused relationships
• Superior interpersonal skills (written, verbal and listening)
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple contracts across multiple locations
• Excellent long term strategic planning with business and financial acumen
• Demonstrated HSE and Quality commitment with a substantial understanding of relevant legislation and compliance and risk management issues
In return we offer
• A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative
• An opportunity to participate in group wide projects in a supportive environment
• A genuine career path to high performers seeking to develop their career within a growing company
To apply online, please click on the link below. Alternatively, if you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Kotomi Davies, Senior Recruitment Advisor on 07 3026 6416.
Advertised: 11 Jun 2012 E. Australia Standard Time
Closing date: 8 Jul 2012 11:55pm E. Australia Standard Time