Senior Recruitment Advisor
This job has now expired
Senior Recruitment Advisor
As a market leader in infrastructure and engineering services, Downer understands and recognises the contribution employees make to the success of our business.
Unearth your full potential with Downer's Mining division - a business where there's room to grow, diverse opportunities and a team that will support your journey.
Job No.: 505972
Downer EDI Mining is seeking a strategic minded, results driven Senior Recruitment Advisor to lead the Corporate & Graduate Recruitment Team at our South Brisbane Head Office. Internal promotion has prompted this requirement, providing the opportunity for a high performer to become a true business partner within the corporate and site environments.
As a senior member of the Recruitment Team - East, you will play a key role in ensuring a proactive and strategic approach to the sourcing requirements of our expanding operations. Under the leadership of the Recruitment Manager - East, you will focus on the continuous improvement of business outcomes, customer service and cost efficiencies.
About the Role :
• Manage and oversee recruitment and employee selection activities.
• Coach and develop direct reports through regular task-focused review of their core work, additional projects and formal training where appropriate.
• Maintain ongoing communication with key stakeholders on the provision of necessary advice, support and innovative solutions to internal and external customers on recruitment policies and procedures and workforce planning
• Drive the development and coordination of attraction, recruitment and selection initiatives for all roles.
• Co-ordinate recruitment drives for Graduate Intakes
• Attend industry and company functions and networking events to become conversant with industry cultures and issues that may impact on recruitment, selection, attraction and retention
About you :
• Demonstrated success in both agency and in-house recruitment
• Exposure to employee relations, training, employment and HR administration
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills
• Exposure to HR and database systems
• Strong leadership competencies
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to negotiate and liaise with stakeholders at varying levels
• Ability to demonstrate skills in time management, organisation and teamwork
In return we offer :
• Our Zero Harm initiative : A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all on the Downer EDI Mining team
• Attractive, market competitive remuneration Package
• A superior employee benefits package including discounted health cover options, an impressive Tertiary Assistance Programme and salary sacrifice options
• A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative
• A genuine career path to high performers seeking to develop their career within a growing company
Please note :
This role is being sourced directly by Downer EDi Mining and not through recruitment agencies. All applications treated with the utmost confidentiality.
To apply online, please click on the link below. Alternatively, if you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Pia Cappiello, Senior Recruitment Advisor on +61 7 3026 6806.
Advertised: 4 Jul 2012 E. Australia Standard Time
Closing date: 29 Jul 2012 11:55pm E. Australia Standard Time