Indigenous Affairs Advisor
This job has now expired
Indigenous Affairs Advisor
As a market leader in infrastructure and engineering services, Downer understands and recognises the contribution employees make to the success of our business.
Unearth your full potential with Downer's Mining division - a business where there's room to grow, diverse opportunities and a team that will support your journey.
Job No.: 497203
Downer EDi Mining currently has a vacancy for an Indigenous Affairs Advisor to join the Brisbane office. Reporting to the Group General Manager Indigenous Affairs, this position will be responsible for the delivery of strategies that enhance the Downer EDI Mining reputation and achievements in Indigenous employment for the East Coast operations. Downer EDi Mining is an industry leader in the engagement and retention of Indigenous Australians and deliver Industry best practice recruitment methodologies. Working as part of a small dedicated team you will deliver programs and strategies targeting increased Indigenous participation in the Downer workforce.
You are an experienced Human Services professional with at least five years relevant heavy industry experience. You are able to demonstrate a sound track record in the delivery of employment services in the private sector.
Responsibilities will include:
• Administration of Indigenous employment program
• Implementation of project specific Indigenous employment strategies
• Assist with the coordination and delivery of recruitment workshops
• Provision of advice and support to management
• Tertiary qualification in Human Services or Similar
• Relevant experience in similar role
• Experience in Mining or heavy Industry
• Experience in recruitment and training
• Understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Culture
• Ability to travel
• Minimum 5 years heavy Industry experience
In return we offer :
• Our Zero Harm initiative : A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all on the Downer EDI Mining team
• Attractive, market competitive remuneration Package
• A superior employee benefits package including discounted health cover options, an impressive Tertiary Assistance Programme and salary sacrifice options
• A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative
• A genuine career path to high performers seeking to develop their career within a growing company
Please note :
This role is being sourced directly by Downer EDi Mining and not through recruitment agencies. All applications treated with the utmost confidentiality.
To apply online, please click on the link below. Alternatively, if you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Elle Creasey, Recruitment Advisor on +61 7 3026 6734.
Advertised: 6 Jul 2012 E. Australia Standard Time
Closing date: 27 Jul 2012 5:00pm E. Australia Standard Time