Downer Blasting Services is currently seeking experienced Blast Crew/ Bench hands to join our project at Meandu Mine.
We are currently seeking applications from experienced Blast Crew/ Bench hands for our Meandu Project. This role will require you to safely, efficiently and in accordance with site and legislative requirements, conduct and manage successful surface blast crew activities. You will assist our shotfirers by participating in post-blast analysis to ensure the coordination of required vehicles and equipment are being optimised. In addition you will be focusing on building long term relationships with our people and our client .
About the role:
- Lifestyle Roster (5/4,4/5, 5/5)
- 11 hour day shifts
- Fixed Term 6 Months
- Residential – No accommodation provided
- May operate other equipment outside blasting if the skill is authorised on site
- Prior mining experience within the drill and blast discipline, assisting with shotfiring activities on coal or related sites
- Current Drivers licence
- Standard 11 induction is an advantage
- SSAN Clearance
- Safe Working at Heights, High Risk Work Licence – Forklift (desirable)
- Strong communication skills
In return we offer
- A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all employees
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to grow
- Fantastic chance to drive new initiatives & processes across the business to influence change
- The chance to join a dynamic and successful business within the Downer group.
This role is being sourced directly by DBS and not through recruitment agencies.
All applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
To apply online, please click on the link below.
For a confidential chat please call Michael Bernard on 07 3026 6652.