Downer is working closely with our business partners to deliver a safe, high quality product at the world class Palabora Copper Mine, in Phalaborwa, South Africa. Due to an increase in works, we are seeking experienced Bogger / Charge Up operators who wants to be part of this unique and exciting opportunity.
We welcome applications from highly experienced people who demonstrate safety leadership; commitment to continuous improvement of self and others; a team focused and results driven approach to problem solving so as to deliver high quality results in a rapid development and production drilling and blasting environment, preferably within a block cave mine.
These positions will be offered on a 4 week on / 2 week off roster, with accommodation and flights included.
- Have proven underground hard rock experience
- Possess a current passport and driver’s license
- Be able to provide a current Australian Federal Police clearance
- Be able to facilitate, coach and mentor national employees leaving a training legacy
- Appreciate the cultural sensitivities essential to working internationally
- Possess an overarching commitment to safe work practices and continuous improvement
- Have a flexible approach to work with effective communication skills
- Be production oriented with a focus on achieving results without compromising safe work or quality standards
IN RETURN WE OFFER
- Our Zero Harm initiative: A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all employees
- Attractive & competitive remuneration
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative
- Access to a range of career development and advancement opportunities
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click the ‘Apply’ button.