McArthur River Mine (MRM) is one of the world’s largest Zinc, Lead and Silver deposits and is the largest supplier of Bulk Concentrate to the world market. Currently, this world class ‘Here’s Your Chance’ deposit has a long 20-year mine life.
We are currently seeking a Business Improvement Specialist (Metallurgy) for our Finance, Strategy & Planning Department.
Reporting to the Principal Advisor Business Planning & Improvement, your focus will the efficient and effective execution of the following metallurgical related services:
- Enhance plant process control through the establishment of target operating bands
- Metallurgical technical development of improvement initiatives from concept to commercial viability
- Identify and recommend improvement opportunities through rigorous data capturing and interrogation
- Recording, tracking, monitoring and reporting of business critical improvement initiatives
- Initiative Leadership and Governance
- Technical input to business cases
- Commissioning, documentation, and training
- Benefits realization and sustainability
To secure this role you will need to have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Metallurgical Engineering
- A business Improvement qualification (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma)
- Significant exposure to minerals processing including froth flotation
- A proven track record of prior metallurgical initiative development and implementation
- The ability to lead improvement initiatives from inception through to implementation and handover, drawing in appropriate resources when required (critical requirement).
- 3+ years’ experience in metallurgical engineering (including business improvement services)
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (including Excel)
- The ability to establish and nurture effective working relationships with key stakeholders.
In return we offer a competitive package, an attractive roster and we are only a short, comfortable flight from Darwin. Your time on site will be enjoyable and comfortable, as we provide excellent accommodation, recreation facilities and meals.
Apply now and take the first step to securing this role!
Applications close Friday 20th January