Downer Mining provides open cut mining services at Karara mine, including drilling, blasting, loading, haulage and stockpile rehandle. The operation is a conventional pit with a 30Mtpa mining rate. The Karara pit will feed the client-run processing plant, which will produce 8Mtpa of magnetite concentrate. The concentrate will be transported by rail to Geraldton for shipment.
We are currently seeking experienced Heavy Duty Fitters to join the team at Karara. Key responsibilities include repairs and maintenance of heavy duty machinery, and the preparation of relevant reports and documentation.
- Relevant Mechanical Diesel qualification
- Sound knowledge of CAT equipment
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining large scale earthmoving equipment in a mining situation is essential
- Demonstrated post trade experience within a similar role
- Strong team player and solid communication skills
- Drive, enthusiasm and a passion to be the best in all that you do.
IN RETURN WE OFFER
- An excellent remuneration package
- An outstanding 2/1 FIFO roster to maintain your work/life balance
- An overriding commitment to zero harm
- Supportive work environment with professional development opportunities
Located 40 minutes from Perth by plane, this project offers a 2:1 FIFO roster from Perth and DIDO from Geraldton. The site has a new camp offering modern ensuited rooms, with the latest modern amenities including sporting & recreational facilities.
For a confidential discussion contact Mary-Jane Heaney on 08 62129620.