Otraco International is the world’s leading provider of Earthmover/Off-road tyre management services to the mining industry. Our world-class credentials are based on a proven ability to reduce the cost of earthmover tyre operation for major open pit miners while maximising production and enhancing safety. Entirely independent of any tyre manufacturer or supplier, we have continued to set new benchmarks in tyre performance – delivering dramatic savings with uncompromising standards of quality, safety and professionalism.
We are currently seeking a highly experienced and proactive Health, Safety and Environment Advisor, this role will be based at our Head Office in Redcliffe, WA with the expectation of regular visits to a variety of mine sites at which we operate. Reporting to the Operations Manger West, you will play an integral role in ensuring efficient, safe and effective coordination of the safety function for a number of sites at which Otraco operates. Responsibilities will include actively leading the site’s Health and Safety strategies, systems and initiatives as well as further embed our Zero Harm policy as a core business value. You will continue the development of an HSE culture of vigilance, urgency, accountability, and leadership within the Western Region’s operations.
We are looking for a motivated self-starter whom is highly organised, flexible and forward thinking with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in a HSE Advisor Role
- Cert IV in OHS/E (or studying towards)
- Ability to travel to site on a regular basis and flexibility if travel is required at short notice and including weekends
- Prior experience in the earth moving tyre fitting industry
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and facilitating skills
- Frontline exposure to site-based personnel
- Competent computer use familiar with data bases, spreadsheets and word processing packages
- Demonstrated experience in ICAM investigations or similar incident investigation methodology
- Strong understanding of workplace safety and legislative requirements
IN RETURN WE OFFER
- Competitive remuneration package
- An overriding commitment to Zero Harm
- Supportive work environment with modern training systems
- A dynamic team with a strong supportive leader, who is willing to share their knowledge
Please click the “Apply” button below or contact Annie Davies, HR Advisor on 08 6274 7210 for further information.