WHO WE ARE
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Downer’s Engineering, Construction & Maintenance division supports our customers through the asset life cycle, from initial feasibility and design through to construction, commissioning, operation, ongoing asset management and decommissioning.
As a key part of Project Leadership Team on our Ichthys Combined Cycle Power plant project, we are looking to attract a highly experienced HSE Manger to the project.
This critical leadership role will see you will direct and control all aspects of the IIF and HSSE management plans on this large scale and world class LNG construction project.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Ensure delivery of all key Project performance indicators across HSSE disciplines;
• Provide clear communication to the project on all HSSE initiatives, strategies and issue resolution;
• Ensure proactive management of Downer’s commercial risks across HSSE areas.
• Establish & maintain strong client relationships at a Senior level, working to anticipate and deliver solutions to client needs;
• Embrace visible ownership of all HSSE Management systems
• Provide ongoing leadership for the performance, development and recruitment of all HSSE professionals on the project. Delivering both operational and financial targets;
• Previous experience on large scale LNG construction projects is a must with a minimum of 5 years in a Senior leadership role preferred;
• Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline;
• Strong communication skills with well-developed interpersonal and visible leadership capability;
• Well established Project Execution leadership knowledge with a proven record of delivery;
• A high level of commercial and strategic management ability;
What we Offer:
Successful applicants will be offered a highly competitive remuneration package in one of Australia’s most exciting projects. Please note all offers of employment are subject to satisfying the Project minimum requirements as well as Fitness for Work requirements.
How to Apply:
This exciting role offers you the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment and develop your career within a highly successful organisation. This role would particularly suit a proven senior leader looking to further develop their reputation in the Gas and Energy market. If you are passionate about what you do and motivated to succeed, apply now.
For a confidential conversation please contact John Robertson on (08) 6217 5832, or by email to John.Robertson@downergroup.com.
All applications are held in strict confidence. Downer reserves the right to close this position at any time.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies.