Downer EDI Mining continues to strive forward on the $500 million mining services contract for the Roy Hill Iron Ore Project. The contract is for the provision of supplementary mining services to the Roy Hill Iron Ore mine for a period of four and a half years which includes the following:
- Drill & Blast
- Load & Haul of Overburden and Ore
Downer EDI Mining commenced infrastructure construction in early 2014, and is now moving forward into full-scale mining.
We are currently seeking an experienced HV Electrician at the Roy Hill Iron Ore project located in the East Pilbara Region, WA. Key responsibilities include electrical maintenance and repair of our mobile plant fleet including AC Electric Drive Trucks.
This is a Fly in Fly out role ex Perth, with a highly appealing 2/1 roster offering a healthy work/life balance and includes excellent on site living facilities.
- Experience in HV switching, maintenance and repair
- Experience in installation and maintenance of three phase and single-phase heavy industrial equipment
- Current WA “A” Grade Electrical licence
- HV Switching ticket is preferred but not essential
- A proven commitment to working safely, compliance with all site safety standards to ensure a safe and environmentally healthy workplace
- Good communication and strong leadership skills
IN RETURN WE OFFER
- Competitive hourly rate
- 2/1 roster
- Exciting opportunity to be part of one of the newest mining projects in Australia
- Growth and development opportunities second to none
- An overriding commitment to Zero Harm
- Supportive work environment with modern training systems
This is an exciting opportunity for you to further your career with a growing organisation at a new premier iron ore site with a well equipped accommodation facility.
The new accommodation village will offer modern ensuited rooms with flat screen TV’s, Foxtel, internet and a quality meals service. Resort style facilities include a swimming pool, gymnasium, beach volleyball and basketball courts.
This is a permanent employment opportunity for an individual with passion and drive to contribute to the ongoing development of Downer EDI Mining.
To be considered for this role please select only one of the following options to apply, click on the apply link below or visit www.downercareers.com or alternatively call Mary-Jane Heaney, Recruitment Advisor on 08 62129620 for further information.