Downer Mining provides open cut mining services at Karara mine, including drilling, blasting, loading, haulage and stockpile rehandle. The operation is a conventional pit with a 30Mtpa mining rate. The Karara pit will feed the client-run processing plant, which will produce 8Mtpa of magnetite concentrate. The concentrate will be transported by rail to Geraldton for shipment.
We are currently seeking a dynamic, motivated and influential Maintenance Superintendent to join the team at Karara.
The key responsibilities within this role will involve managing the overall maintenance of the mobile plant assets on site to a very high standard as well as managing the costs and performance. You will be expected to produce monthly reports and assist with plant budgets, and add value through maintaining strong team dynamics and a positive working environment.
Additionally, you will manage effective resource allocation (people, equipment, and resources) to meet maintenance work targets and schedules whilst consistently achieving a high standard of OHS&E.
- Trade qualification AND or Tertiary Qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- Excellent knowledge of large mobile plant equipment utilised in open cut mining
- Significant experience in a maintenance leadership role within a similar environment
- Demonstrated ability to co-ordinate maintenance activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- Excellent remuneration package with benefits
- 8/6 roster
- Exciting opportunity to be part of a long term contract
- An overriding commitment to Zero Harm
- Supportive work environment with career development prospects
Located 40 minutes from Perth by plane, this project offers a 8:6 FIFO roster from Perth. The site has a new camp offering modern ensuited rooms, with the latest modern amenities including sporting & recreational facilities.
For a confidential discussion please contact Mary-Jane Heaney on 08 62129620.